Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #16
bmbriefs
bmbriefs began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for the info on the kindle. I decided to go with the Kindle touch. I guess I'll let you know on Tuesday if my books have chapter markers.
bmbriefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:21 PM   #17
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbriefs View Post
Thanks for the info on the kindle. I decided to go with the Kindle touch. I guess I'll let you know on Tuesday if my books have chapter markers.
Your books may have chapter marks, but The Touch doesn't show the locations bar. I think you can still move from chapter to chapter though (swiping up/down).
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #18
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
The Kobo Touch displays pages left in chapter for the books that you buy from them and sync through WiFi.

But unlike Amazon you can download a non proprietary format on the website, Adobe ePub, which is a very standard format, and those books always display pages left in book on any device.

Last edited by The Terminator; 03-04-2012 at 11:00 PM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #19
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
You could also just flip ahead on the e-reader just like you do on a paper books.
ApK is online now   Reply With Quote