Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-07-2018, 12:01 PM   #1
MorningCoach
MorningCoach began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max 2
Good Morning Boox Max 2 - Podcast Research

Good Morning,

Just joined up the forum, been researching e-ink tablets (devices). Looking to move from paper. I have read all the threads on the differences between Remarkable and Boox Max 2 - but have a few questions if you don't mind me asking before I purchase. I really don't want to purchase 2 devices.

1. I do a daily podcast, and I outline my notes on paper now. I know that Remarkable probably would do a better job, but if I put up a very basic template note can Boox Max 2 handle this? I actually just use square paper now.

BTW - how is the folder set up, can I have multiple folders for my notes? Ie... daily podcast, daily journal, etc...

****Update - wow ok looks like this works - just watched this video - https://youtu.be/ivV92BmJRXo

2. I do a book study with my podcast once a week and I want to be able to reference my notes why I am recording. Most of my books are on Kindle and I don't mind buying epub if needed. I am assuming that I need to be in Boox Max 2 own reader to use the notes feature like this so I would need the epub version? I believe Book Max 2 can do this - Remarkable cannot.

3. The last purpose would just be using the device for some typing, writing the books I use Ulysses but I wouldn't really need that just for text and then could cut and paste back into that system. I think with a Bluetooth keyboard I am good just need an app.

4. I am a reader - have the Kindle Oasis, but still prefer paper for markup, etc... some fiction I read on the Oasis, but really the device sits in a drawer. I think I need a larger device and I like to mark things up I think Book Max 2 rocks for this.

I am hearing Google Play is not going to be able on new purchases and I don't know if I will need anything in there, but that is a little issue. I wonder if I will be able to get the Kindle App?

Thanks in advance I am getting ready to pull the trigger and make sure I have my ducks in a row. I have read the threads on the screen saver so if I do get one my first trip is to a pro to put it on.

JB

BTW - I have tried all the above on my iPad Pro with Keyboard and Stylus - though I like the device for media consumption, it doesn't work for the above. I can't stand the glossy feel of the writing.

Last edited by MorningCoach; 07-07-2018 at 12:10 PM.
MorningCoach is offline   Reply With Quote