Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

View Poll Results: What shall I read next?
Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe 5 7.46%
Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams 16 23.88%
Emma by Jane Austen 4 5.97%
Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs 3 4.48%
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte 5 7.46%
The Awakening by Kate Chopin 1 1.49%
Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe 2 2.99%
Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier 6 8.96%
Three Musketeers by Alexander Dumas 12 17.91%
Silas Marner by George Eliot 0 0%
Room with a View by E M Forster 1 1.49%
1984 by George Orwell 17 25.37%
The Jungle by Upton Sinclair 3 4.48%
Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson 5 7.46%
Gulliver's Travels by Jonathon Swift 4 5.97%
The Secret History by Donna Tartt 1 1.49%
Walden by Henry David Thoreau 4 5.97%
Last Chronicle of Barset by Anthony Trollope 2 2.99%
Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain 8 11.94%
Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne 5 7.46%
Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde 6 8.96%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2009, 08:51 PM   #46
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Thank BOb!

So what we need is (read from right to left):

ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:13 PM   #47
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
[FONT=verdana,arial]http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/buttkick.gif

[/FONT]

I don't know if this is the same one.

BOb
Yup, that's it
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2009, 01:18 AM   #48
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I voted for "Rebecca". Classic gothic with real surprises.

I wish that one was available as an e-book.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:56 AM   #49
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Well, now that I've added two more books to my "books to read" list. I voted for a yeally good standard; Rebecca
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:16 AM   #50
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Well you can't say that and not tell us what happened
The author of Riddle of the Sands, Erskine Childers, was a former British army officer who became a fanatical Irish Republican, so extreme in his views that he ended up "wanted" by both sides in the 1922 Irish civil war. He was arrested, tried by a military court on a trumped-up charge of possessing an illegal firearm, and executed by firing squad.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #51
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I voted for Huckleberry Finn. It's a "spring" book, to me. Probably because he's outdoors all the time and our teachers always had us read it in the spring.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:00 PM   #52
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Isn't that what we let publishers etc do already?

(I'm joking, I'm joking - call off the lynch mob!)
You'll have to call them off me, too.

phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:22 PM   #53
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

And the winner is.....1984!

I'll start that tomorrow, then once that is done tackle Dirk Gently. And then slowly work my way down to poor Silas Marner. I'll post updates here to keep me from wimping out
Old 03-28-2009, 04:58 PM   #54
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Started 1984 and I'm liking it a lot so far
Old 03-28-2009, 04:59 PM   #55
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
lilac, I keep meaning to ask... Are you still on your vacation or are you back? If you are back, did I miss your report? You do know you are required to give one...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:02 PM   #56
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
lilac, I keep meaning to ask... Are you still on your vacation or are you back? If you are back, did I miss your report? You do know you are required to give one...

-MJ
I've been back for a week What kind of report were you anticipating? The weather? The food? The booze?
Old 03-28-2009, 06:22 PM   #57
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I've been back for a week What kind of report were you anticipating? The weather? The food? The booze?
All of it, plus the cute bartender.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:25 PM   #58
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
I just clicked on this thread to see if you had 1001 poll options
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:32 PM   #59
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
All of it, plus the cute bartender.
No cute bartenders
Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
I just clicked on this thread to see if you had 1001 poll options
Oh god, imagine what that would look like..
Old 03-28-2009, 07:04 PM   #60
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
No cute bartenders
demand a refund