Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-15-2023, 03:44 AM   #1
Lesen
Lesen began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mars and Tablet Samsung S7 FE
Metadata "author" and "serie" in pdf

I have many ebooks as pdf files. When I create the metadata for them correctly in calibre, and then send the books to my ebook reader, they do not arrive correctly. It doesn't matter what kind of reader or tablet or smartphone it is What is not transferred correctly are the "authors" and the "series". These are simply added to the title. Then when I sort by series on the Reader, those pdf files don't show up here. I have now searched for a long time and have not found a solution. That is why I am turning to you guys. Thanks in advance for the support.
Lesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 03:56 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That will be because whatever device you are reading the PDF on is getting the metadata from the filename instead of the actual metadata in the file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 04:07 AM   #3
Lesen
Lesen began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mars and Tablet Samsung S7 FE
Thank you for your quick reply, dear Kovid. In calibre I created the metadata for the PDF files the same as for the epub files and here it works correctly. I have over 1000 PDF files. Do you have a recommendation how I could solve this the easiest way. Thanks a lot!
Lesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 04:50 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No idea, it depends on the device you are reading the PDF files on. You need one that will extract the metadata from inside the PDF file instead of using its filename.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metadata, pdf