Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-21-2019, 06:49 PM   #16
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
That works with KUAL Kindlet (azw2) but not with KUAL Booklet.
Good.
The Kindle I am looking for with all of my SQLite3 stuff on it is running the KUAL Booklet.
So once I find it ....
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 01:39 PM   #17
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Closing KUAL **should** make it the most recently used already.
I agree, thus this thread.

Quote:
I thought you wanted to prevent the opening/closing of anything else from moving KUAL from "most recent" position.
No, just a workaround so that what should happen does happen.

But since something is broken, fixing it would be even better.

Does Amazon have any products for Kindle that are booklets, and if so, what happens when they are closed?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2019, 01:49 PM   #18
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
I agree, thus this thread.

No, just a workaround so that what should happen does happen.

But since something is broken, fixing it would be even better.

Does Amazon have any products for Kindle that are booklets, and if so, what happens when they are closed?
I do not know for certain, but unlikely, the booklet interface is not public (unless you count Mobileread ).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 07:05 PM   #19
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
The sqlite3 in the python package worked great.

I'll probably put together a KUAL package next weekend.
I've made a KUAL extension that works like the first post except that it sets the last access time for KUAL 999 seconds into the future, which will keep it on top for about 15 minutes.

I'll make a new thread for it and attach the extension to it tomorrow.

ETA: The extension is attached to the thread
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...63#post3803463

Quote:
Why not use a stored procedure to update last used time of KUAL, triggered on open, close, or 'home' button press?
I might give this a shot. My first thought was update the KUAL access time whenever the Entries database is updated, but as I type this, I guess that would cause an infinite loop of updates.

So I guess I have to learn how do detect events after all.

Last edited by j.p.s; 01-27-2019 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Add URL for the Bump KUAL thread
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kual, sqlite, sqlite3