Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-17-2015, 10:13 AM   #31
tarnedoo
tarnedoo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2
"use an external battery pack" with what? I am lost here
and do we need to remove the internal battery of the device when making the connection with computer over serial-usb port??

Last edited by tarnedoo; 01-17-2015 at 10:16 AM.
tarnedoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 12:43 PM   #32
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarnedoo View Post
"use an external battery pack" with what? I am lost here
and do we need to remove the internal battery of the device when making the connection with computer over serial-usb port??
You where asking where to find the 1.8 volt reference voltage for the adapter board.
Use an external battery **for that** (the adapter board's reference voltage).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2015, 01:00 PM   #33
tarnedoo

okay ... i got it wrong then. i thought that the voltage written on the board is being provided by board to the mother board , and from there(the adapter board) it needs to be connected to the Mother board. I always thought that it is the output voltage from the adopter board. it is the opposite , right??
Old 01-17-2015, 01:20 PM   #34
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
okay ... i got it wrong then. i thought that the voltage written on the board is being provided by board to the mother board , and from there(the adapter board) it needs to be connected to the Mother board. I always thought that it is the output voltage from the adopter board. it is the opposite , right??
All depends on the adapter board.

I thought you where writing about the one I wrote about in the KT2 Exposed thread.

You probably should give me a link to the board that you have so I can read its documentation.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:10 PM   #35
tarnedoo

its a CP2102 usb to uart
http://www.silabs.com/Support%20Docu...2102-short.pdf
Advert
Old 01-17-2015, 04:00 PM   #36
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
That one does not do 1.8 volt serial I/O

Only 3.3v and 5.0v

No external interface level reference required on that board.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:53 PM   #37
tarnedoo

so can it be used or its of no use?? i read in the forum someone using 3.3v without frying anything
Old 01-17-2015, 06:17 PM   #38
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
so can it be used or its of no use?? i read in the forum someone using 3.3v without frying anything
I have read of people falling off of 3rd story roofs without dying.
And other things that seem unbelievable, but since it was written on the 'net....

The Freescale hardware documents are clear on the limits of the 1.8 volt I/O cells in the SoC design.

Your choice, but -
I do not recommend intentionally ignoring the manufacturer's limits.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:20 AM   #39
feltom
feltom began at the beginning.

Device: KT2
KT2 JB after root access

I have a root access on my KT2 (FW5.6.1.0.2). But I really do not know how to manually install the JB cerificate. I have copied the unpacked jb directory to /mnt/us/jb (kindle usb storage device). After executing jb.sh
jb.sh I have got the following answer:
info jb_install:mount_root_rw::Mounting rootfs rw
info jb_install:install_update_key::Copying the jailbreak updater key
./jb.sh: line 277: can't create /etc/uks/pubdevkey01.pem: nonexistent directory
info jb_install:install_fw54_exec_userstore_flag::Creat ing the userstore exec flag file
info jb_install:install_bridge::Installing the jailbreak bridge
cp: can't stat '/mnt/us/bridge.sh': No such file or directory
chmod: /var/local/system/fixup: No such file or directory
cp: can't stat '/mnt/us/bridge.conf': No such file or directory
chmod: /etc/upstart/bridge.conf: No such file or directory
info jb_install:install::Setting up MKK persistent copy
cp: can't stat '/mnt/us/developer.keystore': No such file or directory
cp: can't stat '/mnt/us/json_simple-1.1.jar': No such file or directory
cp: can't stat '/mnt/us/gandalf': No such file or directory
cp: can't stat '/mnt/us/bridge.sh': No such file or directory
cp: can't stat '/mnt/us/bridge.conf': No such file or directory
chmod: /var/local/mkk/gandalf: No such file or directory
chmod: /var/local/mkk/gandalf: No such file or directory
info jb_install:install::Setting up RP persistent copy
eips: pixel_in_range> (256, 936) pixel not in range (0..600, 0..800)

Please help me to go on....
feltom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 08:52 AM   #40
feltom

I've looked up jb.sh and have discovered that the unpacked directory should be put in the root directory (/mnt/us not /mnt/us/jb). But there is is no /etc/uks directory...... with keys.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:33 AM   #41
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Has to be unpacked in /mnt/us, and run from there.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 03:25 PM   #42
feltom

I have managed to JB. The jb.sh have to be executed as a root from normal mode not in DIAG mode :-)
Old 03-01-2015, 04:07 PM   #43
blackcatw81
Meow!
blackcatw81 began at the beginning.

Device: K4NTblk,HanlinV60 3G,Trekstor Pyrus
Hi! Just wanted to say that in a few days I'll be receiving the new kindle basic - the 2nd gen touchscreen. I'm not happy with the choice (not happy with the touchscreen or the limited native formats), but that's the only viable option for my very limited budget and for also the "great" CS. I'm quite contrary to this new Amazon firmware politics... If you're interested in anything regarding my device, pm'ed me
Hope I'll be helpful as I can.
blackcatw81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:13 PM   #44
knc1
Going Viral

For the "great" CS. ???

One of the rare times anyone has said something good about Amazon Customer Service (most only take the time to post complaints but that is human nature, not a failing of Amazon's ).
Old 03-02-2015, 01:45 AM   #45
blackcatw81
Meow!
blackcatw81 began at the beginning.

Device: K4NTblk,HanlinV60 3G,Trekstor Pyrus
That's why the great is between ""
blackcatw81 is offline   Reply With Quote