Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
crackhammer
Enthusiast
crackhammer began at the beginning.

Device: Nook touch, iPad, Xoom
Open file option from 'Edit Metadata' dialog box

In the past, there was a talk that Calibre will extract ISBN when you import the book and essentially metadata will be downloaded automatically.

I am not too sure if this feature has been implemented, as it has not worked with me so far. So when I want to edit the metadata, I prefer to put ISBN so that I don't get any error. But there is no open the file option from 'Edit Metadata' dialog box.

I don't know if I don't find it or its not there. If its not there, what do other users do to extract ISBN to download metadata? (I open the file before, copy ISBN number and then ctrl+E).

Thanks in advance.
crackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackhammer View Post
In the past, there was a talk that Calibre will extract ISBN when you import the book and essentially metadata will be downloaded automatically.

I am not too sure if this feature has been implemented, as it has not worked with me so far. So when I want to edit the metadata, I prefer to put ISBN so that I don't get any error. But there is no open the file option from 'Edit Metadata' dialog box.

I don't know if I don't find it or its not there. If its not there, what do other users do to extract ISBN to download metadata? (I open the file before, copy ISBN number and then ctrl+E).

Thanks in advance.
Try adding the Extract ISBN Plugin (Preferences MENU: Get Plugins)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert