Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
VirgoGirl
"Why is it doing *that*?"
VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Kobo Touch & Glo, responsible for 2 PaperWhites
Sleep/Power off Covers using MicroSD card 2.5.2 bug?

Hello, again.

I managed to update the Kobo Touch (n905) to 2.5.2 (checked the device, firmware correct). I had about 55 sideloaded books on the device itself from when I had to reset to factory firmware. Those were still on the Kobo HD when I upgraded, they render fine on the Home page "carousel" and when I put the Kobo into sleep/power off mode.

I reinserted my SD card and added 4 books to it in order to test the device. Those 4 books never move off or around the home page "carousel" - when I open a different book on the device itself or one of the other 3 on the card, the covers don't come off the "carousel" to make space for the newly accessed books nor do they move from their place, around the "carousel" if I open a different book from those 5 displayed (4 sd card books and the current book I am reading that's on the device itself).

When I created shelves on the device, those 4 books did not display their covers on the "add books" list, but DID/DO display them on the normal "Library" mode or when viewed on the shelf itself.

If I open one of those 4 SD card books, put the KT to sleep/power off, the book cover says the title of the book and the format but does not display the book cover image. Ex:
The Hobbit
by JRR Tolkien
epub format

If I then open a book that is on the KT itself, put it to sleep/power off, I still get the book cover I previously looked at on the SD card. The KT will open to the book I am reading when I power it on - either on the card or on the reader - but it displays the previous SD card book cover unless that book was "finished".

It appears to me - who admittedly knows NOTHING - that the firmware now makes you choose to either exclusively use a microSD card or the KT itself. Why the SD card covers are not showing up during shelf creation or why they don't move on the "carousel", I have no idea. I DO know that this is the kind of thing that is making me seriously consider the Sony T2/T3 reader to replace the Kobo (I can't buy a Nook, don't really want one anyway).
VirgoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote