Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-11-2018, 04:21 PM   #1
pg111
Connoisseur
pg111 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How to add checking for an empty custom column using Quality Check plug-in?

Hi everybody,

I created a custom column #genre using Comma separated text, like tags, shown in the Tag browser type.

I use it to primarily distinguish between my Fiction books and Non-fiction books. I subsequently created subgenres (eg Fiction.Novels or Non-fiction.History, etc.).

On the other hand I installed Quality Check plug-in.

My question is: How can I customize it (if possible) so as to check for any books in my library that has Genre info empty?

Otherwise any tip for an alternate method is welcome.

My goal is easily spotting any book that has not yet Genre info.

Many thanks in advance.
pg111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 04:36 PM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
You can use as search: #genre:false
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 04:40 PM   #3
pg111
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
You can use as search: #genre:false
Muchisimas gracias! Thanks a big lot!

By the way is there a similar way for searching books with DRM?
Old 11-11-2018, 05:17 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by pg111 View Post
Muchisimas gracias! Thanks a big lot!

By the way is there a similar way for searching books with DRM?
Only if you tag them first.
Calibre cares less about DRM. It will store and deliver to ENROLLED devices without problems.
You just can't convert.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:32 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Only if you tag them first.
Calibre cares less about DRM. It will store and deliver to ENROLLED devices without problems.
You just can't convert.
Question - if you have the de-DRM plugin installed and you copy all your books to an empty library will the plugin kick-in and cast its spell on books with DRM, as it does when you add a book (I think)?

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:38 PM   #6
pg111
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Question - if you have the de-DRM plugin installed and you copy all your books to an empty library will the plugin kick-in and cast its spell on books with DRM, as it does when you add a book (I think)?

BR
Thanks for the tip and idea. Will use it. It may help.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:08 PM   #7
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:

BR
No. That type of plugin is only run when a format is first imported into calibre, not when it is copied between libraries.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:09 PM   #8
pg111
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
No. That type of plugin is only run when a format is first imported into calibre, not when it is copied between libraries.
Exact. I've just checked it by trying the suggested copy from my library to another. It failed to deDRM.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:59 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Thanks - I don't use the deDRM plugin

My question was prompted when I recalled a problem TdeM had with her GetFileName plugin getting tripped up by the deDRM plugin, and requests she had relating to Copy to library.

So, if you created a new Library based on the existing library, removed the 'existing' library, and then applied the Add Books... (one book per directory...) option to the 'existing' library directory then the deDRM plugin would do its stuff before the books were added to the 'new' library - yes?

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:01 AM   #10
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks - I don't use the deDRM plugin

My question was prompted when I recalled a problem TdeM had with her GetFileName plugin getting tripped up by the deDRM plugin, and requests she had relating to Copy to library.

So, if you created a new Library based on the existing library, removed the 'existing' library, and then applied the Add Books... (one book per directory...) option to the 'existing' library directory then the deDRM plugin would do its stuff before the books were added to the 'new' library - yes?

BR
The DeDRM plugin kicks off any time a book is added to calibre in any way, but to calibre, not a to a specific library coming from other one.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:32 PM   #11
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
The DeDRM plugin kicks off any time a book is added to calibre in any way, but to calibre, not a to a specific library coming from other one.
Added in any way? I've had it fail to strip DRM when using the autoadd folder.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 12:26 AM   #12
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Added in any way? I've had it fail to strip DRM when using the autoadd folder.
I think it's in any way, but I cannot confirm as I don't use the autoadd folder.