Notices

Old 05-04-2018, 10:19 AM   #1
mellonsr
mellonsr
mellonsr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle/iBooks
Lightbulb Exporting Specific Formats

Good Morning!

I apologize if this is a duplicate post - I did try to search for it.

I am trying to export a specific format from my library - without deleting it from my library.

Is there a way to do this? I have searched high and low but I cannot seem to find an answer.

I'd like to pull my ePubs so I can zip and send to my sister who reads in iBooks.

Any suggestions or advice would be helpful! Thanks!!
mellonsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 11:03 AM   #2
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Ref:
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gen...calibredb.html

I use the export --all --formats --single-dir --don't-write-opf --don't-save-cover options
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 11:41 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Select all books, then right click the Save to disk button and choose Save single format to disk
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 04:15 PM   #4
mellonsr
mellonsr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Select all books, then right click the Save to disk button and choose Save single format to disk
Thank you!
Old 05-04-2018, 04:16 PM   #5
mellonsr
mellonsr

Quote:
Originally Posted by phossler View Post
Ref:
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gen...calibredb.html

I use the export --all --formats --single-dir --don't-write-opf --don't-save-cover options

thank you!
Old 05-05-2018, 04:05 PM   #6
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
I use Calibre every day and I didn't know about this feature. Thanks for asking the question, mellonsr.

Also, Kovid, you rock.
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 05:43 PM   #7
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonsr View Post
thank you!
I use calibredb in a batch file that does some housekeeping and then extracts multiple formats to a folder that I sideload onto my Kindle from
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 01:29 PM   #8
mellonsr
mellonsr

How can you avoid them separating into folders?

I'd like to use the Send To Kindle app to mass upload these. The Calibre built in is far to slow of a process.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:19 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

I'd like to use the Send To Kindle app to mass upload these. The Calibre built in is far to slow of a process.
Kindle app?

I plug in my K4 by USB cord and the books transfer at about 1 book every 2 seconds.
Similar performance using Calibre Companion (Android WiFi MODE) Wireless device connection on my Tab A.

Look at your A/V or firewall settings
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:18 PM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Kindle app?
Probably this one ==>> Amazon.com: Send to Kindle for PC

Also available for Mac.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:31 PM   #11
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

If you have Preferences->Behaviour->Preferred output format: set to the format you want saved, and the books you select have that format, then you should be able to use the Save to disk->Save to single directory option.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:37 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Probably this one ==>> Amazon.com: Send to Kindle for PC

Also available for Mac.

BR
?? Why would I have looked for that? Been using the native OS and Calibre as long as I have had e-readers (since I joined MR). Been using computers , since before PC's came about PDP-8L was my first
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:08 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The OP is probably refering to send by email being slow, in which ase they should read the notes here: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-using-calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
export issue, library epub, library files