Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Breaking Dawn - free at Fictionwise

For those who still care to read it (and who did not purchase already), Fictionwise has Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer free after rebate (get full credit for the purchase price as a store credit) thru Aug 10.

http://www.fictionwise.com/eBooks/eBook71084.htm?cache
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:39 PM   #2
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
For those who still care to read it (and who did not purchase already), Fictionwise has Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer free after rebate (get full credit for the purchase price as a store credit) thru Aug 10.

http://www.fictionwise.com/eBooks/eBook71084.htm?cache
These rebates are part of what I like about Fictionwise. I figure they have at least one book a month that I'm interested in that has the 100% rebate. Then I can use the rebate to buy other books I want that aren't on sale.
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2008, 08:48 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can I use the Micropay rebates to buy a book that has a 100% micropay rebate and get the 100% rebate?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:51 PM   #4
mollybo
Connoisseur
mollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with others

Device: Rocket eBook, Gemstar, and Kindle 3
From what I've seen, generally no. The 100% rebate is usually restricted to credit card orders or the like, not micropay.
mollybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:54 PM   #5
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can I use the Micropay rebates to buy a book that has a 100% micropay rebate and get the 100% rebate?
Usually the 'heavy' rebates - 50% and 100% are credit card or paypal purchase only. All of the money goes into your micropay pool, but you can't use it for those particular purchases.

On smaller 10% and 20% rebate books, you can use micropay for the purchase, basically taking 90% or 80% of the cost of the book out of your balance.
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2008, 05:54 AM   #6
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
On Books On Board you can (it's called Rewards Dollars there).
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:23 AM   #7
vsalvaggio
Zealot
vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
I purchased "Breaking Dawn" and "Twilight" with my credit card but did not receive the 100% Micropay rebate for "Breaking Dawn"...only the 50% Micropay rebate for "Twilight".

I've sent the problem in to Fictionwise and am waiting to hear back but did anyone else have any problems?
vsalvaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:42 PM   #8
vsalvaggio
Zealot
vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

3 days later and still no response from Fictionwise about my micropay rebate. It's never taken them this long to get back to me on a support ticket before.

Anybody know if anythings up with them?
Old 08-07-2008, 04:01 PM   #9
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
I had a slight order glitch with Fictionwise a while back. It took a little while for them to get back to me, but they handled everything perfectly. So don't worry too much! Maybe send them a follow-up reminder?
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:45 AM   #10
vsalvaggio
Zealot

Well they finally got back to me and everything is all set. Fictionwise is usually great and they did come through. Just not sure what took so long this time.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:26 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsalvaggio View Post
Well they finally got back to me and everything is all set. Fictionwise is usually great and they did come through. Just not sure what took so long this time.
It's all relative. It is amazing these days what type of response people expect in the "internet" age. It used to take at least 3 days to just get a letter from someone. Now a days, if I don't respond to emails within an hour or so, people are IMing me or calling or coming to my desk.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:42 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
A book I wanted to purchase from Fictionwise was mispriced. It was priced at the HC price and not the PB price. Fictionwise was also having a sale. I emailed them about the price and they talked to the publisher who lowered the price. By the time that happened, the sale was over. I emailed FW again and they allowed me to get the difference in the sale price as a micropay rebate. That was OK with me and I got the book.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote