Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-26-2021, 04:48 PM   #3031
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Capture the Crown is the first title in Jennifer Estep's Gargoyle Queen series, which is a spin-off from her Crown of Shards series - which I quite liked (and some other folks upthread did too). Capture has dropped to $2.99 at Kindle and Kobo US.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KQCZ4FY
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08KQCZ4FY
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/capture-the-crown

Spoiler:
Quote:
Bestselling author Jennifer Estep returns to her Crown of Shards world with an all-new trilogy and a bold new heroine who protects her kingdom from magic, murder, and mayhem by moonlighting as a spy.

Gemma Ripley has a reputation for being a pampered princess who is more interested in pretty gowns, sparkling jewelry, and other frivolous things than learning how to rule the kingdom of Andvari. But her carefully crafted persona is just an act to hide the fact that Gemma is a powerful mind magier—and a spy.

Gemma is undercover, trying to figure out who is stealing large amounts of tearstone from one of the Ripley royal mines when she encounters Prince Leonidas Morricone of Morta—her mortal enemy. Gemma tries to steer clear of the handsome prince, but when she finds herself behind enemy lines, she reluctantly joins forces with Leo. Also coming to Gemma’s aid is Grimley, her beloved gargoyle.

Despite the fact that Andvari and Morta are old, bitter enemies, a dangerous attraction sparks between Gemma and Leo. Further complicating matters is Leo’s murderous family, especially Queen Maeven Morricone, the mastermind behind the infamous Seven Spire massacre.

The closer Gemma gets to the stolen tearstone, the more deadly plots she uncovers. Everyone is trying to capture the crown, but only one queen can sit on the throne …
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 10:21 PM   #3032
BuyMore
Lurker extraordinaire
BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Has anyone here read the Sarah J. Maas Throne of Glass series? It's one of the few potentially good deals I'm seeing today. I haven't read anything by her yet but she gets crazy good ratings.

Amazon has the 8 book bundle for $5.99 and Kobo has it for $5.39 which drops to $3.23 with the still working "partners" code.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I've read and liked several of them, and the bundle was cheap enough I snagged it to get the remaining ones. (Also, a couple of them I had gotten from my library, so now I'll have my own .) I think of them as a bit more fantasy than romance, but in the grey area in-between.
I tried this series but I guess it's just wasn't for me. I think I stopped at book 2 or 3 and just couldn't continue. One particular reason is that I find myself hard to connect with the female protagonist.

Potential spoiler:
Spoiler:
The female protagonist was described as the best assassin in the nation, but somehow for a large part I only see her trying to adorn herself with beautiful stuff. I mean, I don't judge anyone for wanting to be pretty, but for a so-called best assassin, I really don't see how she had earned that title in the first place. I think my main issue is that the author didn't try to build up her bad ass reputation in a convincing way.

I love books like Kate Daniels and Hidden Legacy series in which the heroines are strong and although I may not agree with all their actions, I empathize with them a lot by going through all their ups and downs, and I'm greatly convinced that they are what the authors described them to be. Somehow Sarah J. Maas wasn't able to do that for me in this Throne of Glass series. I hate not finishing a book or a series, but somehow I just couldn't continue with this series.

Of course, your miles may vary. I'm just sharing what I thought of this series.
BuyMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2021, 10:49 AM   #3033
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
This time of year I tend to binge on holiday stories. Lizzie Shane is an author I discovered recently due to her adorable dog themed Xmas romances (starting w/ The Twelve Dogs of Christmas) and one of her earlier romances is FREE today.

An Unplanned Christmas by Lizzie Shane

Spoiler:
Event planner Rachel Persopoulos doesn’t have an impulsive bone in her body. The one time she threw caution to the wind, she wound up alone and pregnant, just like her mother before her. Now her life as a single mom only works because of her determined avoidance of anything that isn’t part of her plans. But when her boss assigns her a massive Christmas charity fundraiser, she learns the celebrity face of the event is the one person she never planned on seeing again.

All-Star catcher Cameron Cole never stopped thinking about the woman who dumped him via text message two years ago—though he never expected to find her coordinating a celebrity bachelor auction. He’d fallen hard for Rachel, and when she ghosted on him he'd told himself it was for the best. He’d been in the middle of a messy divorce—which, yes, he should have told her about, but she should definitely have told him he’d fathered a child!

When he meets his baby daughter for the first time, Cam knows instantly that he wants to be part of her life—a desire which becomes more complicated when he realizes he still has feelings for her mother.

Rachel isn’t sure she can trust Cam again, but if he isn’t the married playboy she thought was using her, could he be exactly what she needs? She wasn’t planning on letting him back into her life, but this Christmas nothing is going as planned…
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 01:18 PM   #3034
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Has anyone here read the Sarah J. Maas Throne of Glass series? It's one of the few potentially good deals I'm seeing today. I haven't read anything by her yet but she gets crazy good ratings.

Amazon has the 8 book bundle for $5.99 and Kobo has it for $5.39 which drops to $3.23 with the still working "partners" code.
I haven't read her but the two things I know about Sarah J Moss are (a) she's a self-confessed huge Nalini Singh fangirl and (b) slight spoiler
Spoiler:
the hero of book one is not the hero of the overall series.
library addict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 12:00 PM   #3035
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amanda Bouchet's The Kingmaker Chronicles Complete Set is on sale today for $2.99 at Kindle and Kobo US, and it's discountable at Kobo. With VIP discount and "partners" 40% off code at Kobo, that brings it to $1.61, at least for me. I haven't read this author/series yet, but some other folks upthread have mentioned her favorably, so I thought I'd post...

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KB93J63
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07KB93J63
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the...s-complete-set

Spoiler:
Quote:
The complete USA Today bestselling trilogy The Kingmaker Chronicles!

KINGDOMS WILL RISE AND FALL FOR HER...BUT NOT IF SHE CAN HELP IT

A Promise of Fire
Catalia "Cat" Fisa lives disguised as a soothsayer in a traveling circus. She is perfectly content avoiding the danger and destiny the Gods—and her homicidal mother—have saddled her with. That is, until Griffin, an ambitious warlord from the magic-deprived south, fixes her with his steely gaze and upsets her illusion of safety forever. Griffin knows Cat is the Kingmaker, the woman who divines the truth through lies. He wants her as a powerful weapon for his newly conquered realm—until he realizes he wants her for much more than her magic.

Breath of Fire
The heart-racing Kingmaker Chronicles continues in this second book. The Gods are telling Cat that she's the new Origin, which means it's her job to give Thalyria a fresh start. Running from her fate isn't going to work anymore; fate caught up. Griffin crowned her with the symbols of the three realms...and if she's supposed to be not just a queen but the Queen, she'd better start acting like it.

Heart on Fire
The riveting conclusion, Cat needs to learn how to trust in the Gods, in Griffin, and mostly in herself if she's going to unite the kingdoms and rule Thalyria like her destiny calls. That's when true understanding thuds into place. Hope isn't just an abstract concept; it's her. She has the power of the Gods at her fingertips. The only thing ever stopping her has been Cat herself.

Praise for the Kingmaker Chronicles:
An NPR Best Book of 2016
A Kirkus Reviews Best Book of 2016 and 2017
An Amazon Best Book of 2016 and 2017
Amazon Best Book of the Month
A Washington Post Best Romance of the Month
A Bustle Best Romance of 2016
A Barnes & Noble Bookseller Pick
Advert
Old 11-28-2021, 02:48 PM   #3036
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Warrior Mage (Chains of Honor #1) by Lindsay Buroker (B/4 stars)
  • The Becoming (Dragon Heart Legacy #2) by Nora Roberts ( B-/3 stars)

Purchased:
none
library addict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 08:47 PM   #3037
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Thanks to everyone that replied about the Sarah J. Maas bundle. I went ahead and bought it, too cheap to not give her a try.

This week in KU . . .

Betwixt & Between by Daryanda Jones
#3 - Beguiled - 4
PNR - The series is getting stronger in the 3rd book, a little less chaos and more developing plot. Book 4 comes out 12/17.

Legion of Angels by Ella Summer
#2 -Witch's Cauldron - 4
UF/PNR - Happily there's none of problems I had with book #1 present in book #2. Currently reading #3.

The Osseous Chronicles by Ivy Asher
#1 - The Bone Witch - 4
#2 - The Blood Witch - 4.5
#3 - The Bound Witch - 4.5
UF/PNR - The world was much broader than I was anticipating but the magic rules are consistent and interesting. The first book starts out with really distracting, poorly executed first person present tense but as it goes on the story pulled me in enough that I got past it. The early writing issues disappeared for me about halfway through the first book. None of the plot issues are resolved in book #1 and book #2 is cliffhanger. All that being said, I really liked the books and binge read them. Recommend. I'd like to revisit this world with either the current MCs or new ones but I don't see anything in works for a #4 yet.

Last edited by apesmom; 11-28-2021 at 09:07 PM.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 12:01 PM   #3038
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Historical Christmas freebies from Avon

The Earl's Christmas Pearl (Duke's Daughters #4.5) by Megan Frampton
Spoiler:
A duke's daughter. An irrestible earl. And an energetic Corgi named Mr. Shorty. What more could you want in a Christmas novella by Megan Frampton?

It's Christmastime in London, and Lady Pearl Howlett is eagerly ready for the festivities—until her family goes off to their country estate...accidentally leaving her home alone! But she's not dismayed. Rather, she's thrilled to do exactly what she wants. Unfortunately, this daughter of a duke doesn't know how to do anything.

The Earl of Llanover has come to London to take refuge in his godmother's townhouse, free to be as awkward and grumpy as he wants. With his pet Corgi, Mr. Shorty, for company, Owen Dwyfor is ready for a quiet holiday away from his mother and sisters who would have him married off. That is, until his godmother's neighbor, Lady Pearl Howlett comes barging in to his solitude.

After some reluctance, the two come together for a joyous—and steamy—Christmas they won't forget.

Kindle | Kobo | Google

Once Upon a Highland Christmas (Once Upon a Highland Season #3) by Lecia Cornwall
Spoiler:
Lady Alanna McNabb is bound by duty to her family, who insist she must marry a gentleman of wealth and title. When she meets the man of her dreams, she knows it's much too late, but her heart is no longer hers.

Laird Iain MacGillivray is on his way to propose to another woman when he discovers Alanna half-frozen in the snow and barely alive. She isn't his to love, yet she's everything he's ever wanted.

As Christmas comes closer, the snow thickens, and the magic grows stronger. Alanna and Iain must choose between desire and duty, love and obligation.

But it's Christmas in the Highlands, and there are bound to be a few surprises.

Kindle | Kobo | Google
Old 11-29-2021, 12:16 PM   #3039
apesmom
Wizard

One more Avon Historical Christmas freebie

A Visit From Sir Nicholas (Effinton Family #9)
Spoiler:
Everyone knows that an Effington always getsher way ... but this time it's not going to be easy!

Lady Elizabeth Effington simply could not suitably feel the joy of the Christmas season. Ten years had passed since she had boldly declared her love for Sir Nicholas Collingsworth. He rebuffed her and set out to seek his fortunes, while Elizabeth was left a woman scorned. Now, she discovers in horror that the inheritance she's managed beautifully was never hers to control. No, power over her finances lay in the hands of the last man she ever wants to see again: Nicholas!

But running Elizabeth's life isn't part of Nick's plans. He's intrigued when he discovers that the frivolous and flighty girl he once knew has turned into a beautiful and capable woman. Nick vows to woo -- and win -- her, and while she seems unmoved by his fervent seduction, he swears he will not rest until she accepts that most precious gift of all -- the gift of love.

Kindle | Kobo | Google
Old 11-29-2021, 12:34 PM   #3040
apesmom
Wizard

Found more Avon Christmas freebies (contemporary and historical)

How the Dukes Stole Christmas Anthology by Tessa Dare, Sarah MacLean, Sophie Jordan and Joanna Shupe
Kindle | Kobo | Google

Christmas in Destiny (Destiny #7) by Toni Blake
Kindle | Kobo | Google

The Forever Christmas TGree (Bell Sound #1) by Sandra Hill
Kindle | Kobo | Google

Tangled Up in Tinsel (Sunshine Creek #3) by Candis Terry
Kindle | Kobo | Google

Sleigh Bells in Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley #5) by Emma Cane
Kindle | Kobo | Google
Old 11-29-2021, 01:03 PM   #3041
apesmom
Wizard

more freebies . .

His Christmas Pleasure (Scandals and Seductions #4) by Cathy Maxwell
Kindle | Kobo | Google

Mr. Miracle (Angels #4) by Debbie Macomber
Kindle | Kobo | Google

The First Love Cookie Club (Twight, TX #3) by Lori Wilde
Kindle | Kobo | Google

Gifts of Love Anthology by Lisa Kleypas and Kay Hooper
Kindle | Kobo | Google

Home for the Holidays by Johanna Lindsey
Kindle | Kobo | Google
Old 11-29-2021, 07:32 PM   #3042
apesmom
Wizard

12 free contemporary romances if you sign up for "Dirty Boys Book Club" newsletter. I think they're available for about 24 hours more. Delivered by Book Funnel. Includes:

The Way You Look Tonight - Bella Andre
High Heat - Annabeth Albert
Attracting Aubrey - Avery Flynn
Forking Around - Erin Nicholas
Dirty Hookup - Mira Lynn Kelly
Co-Wrecker - Meghan Quinn
Wild Night - Mari Carr
Oklahoma Sky - Jillian Neal
Lucky Number Eleven - Adriana Locke
The Roommate Risk - Talia Hibbert
Captain Heartbreaker - Brighton Walsh
The Charm of You - Jennifer Probst
Old 11-29-2021, 09:00 PM   #3043
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Quote:
more freebies . .
None of these show as free for me, and I was clicking the links.
zelda.owns.link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 09:25 PM   #3044
apesmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda.owns.link View Post
None of these show as free for me, and I was clicking the links.
Looks like the price has been updated, I'm also seeing they are no longer free.
Old 11-30-2021, 09:13 AM   #3045
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Love at First Hate is the first in Denise Grover Swank's Bad Luck Club series. I've read some of her other books and enjoyed them, but nothing in this series. First Hate is free right now at Kindle US and UK.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091D5Y1ZZ
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B091D5Y1ZZ

Spoiler:
Quote:
She wants his story. He wants his secrecy. Too bad he can’t stay away from her.

Molly

Blogging about bad dates used to be fun, but a girl can only take so much foolishness. So I broke up with my job.

Okay, full disclosure, I was fired. It’s a long, sordid tale, involving my sourdough starter—RIP, Fred!—and my ex-boss’s serious lack of humor.

Newly funemployed and in need of a break, I go to Asheville to dogsit for my sister…and stumble onto a scoop big enough to put my fake-dating days behind me forever.

Augusta Glower, local success story, wrote a bestseller about the self-help group she started. People think her system works, and copycat Bad Luck Clubs have sprung up nationwide. Something feels off, though, and a little poking around by yours truly suggests she stole the idea.

There’s one problem. I have to prove it, and the guy she ripped off—super-hot house flipper Caleb Reynolds—seems to…well, hate me. Which is too bad since his secrets aren’t the only thing I’d like to peel away.

Cal

Molly O’Shea is my worst nightmare.

Is she sexy as sin? Well…yeah. Does she smell like honeysuckle and trouble? No doubt. Is she determined to dig up my secrets with a backhoe? I’m pretty sure she got a two-week rental. But I’ll never talk. If the reason I started the club gets out, my whole life will implode.

So why is she so damn irresistible?