Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-07-2020, 10:45 AM   #1
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Wanna remove Series stuff from Collections (but keep them in MyBooks>Series)

I noticed that all of the series I've created in Calibre show up on my Kobo Forma in two places:

1. My Books > Series
2. My Books > Collections

I don't like seeing all of the Series stuff in Collections, since
1. I can see the Series in "My Books > Series", and
2. It adds another 10 pages to "My Books > Collections".

How can I remove Series stuff from Collections?
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:41 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
I noticed that all of the series I've created in Calibre show up on my Kobo Forma in two places:

1. My Books > Series
2. My Books > Collections

How can I remove Series stuff from Collections?
Take a look at the Collections, covers & Uploads tab in the KoboTouch driver configuration. Remove series from the Collections columns: box.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2020, 01:32 PM   #3
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, David.

I'm using KoboTouchExtended driver. My KoboTouch driver is disabled. I think I did this because KoboTouchExtended does everything that KoboTouch does, plus more.

I removed "series" from the Collections columns box as you suggested.

Now let's see how long till I see all series removed from collection.
Old 05-07-2020, 03:44 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Thank you, David.

I'm using KoboTouchExtended driver. My KoboTouch driver is disabled. I think I did this because KoboTouchExtended does everything that KoboTouch does, plus more.

Doesn't matter. The KoboTouchExtended driver is built on the KoboTouch driver. The first 3 tabs on the configuration are the same. The Extended tab is where you will see the differences and collections aren't on that tab.

Personally, I don't use the KoboTouchExtended driver, I find it easier to convert the few ebooks with images I might want to zoom using kepubify. RMSDK has fewer glitches with how it handles fonts though the automatic replacement for characters not in the current font is an attractive feature.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:50 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Doesn't matter. The KoboTouchExtended driver is built on the KoboTouch driver. The first 3 tabs on the configuration are the same. The Extended tab is where you will see the differences and collections aren't on that tab.

Personally, I don't use the KoboTouchExtended driver, I find it easier to convert the few ebooks with images I might want to zoom using kepubify. RMSDK has fewer glitches with how it handles fonts though the automatic replacement for characters not in the current font is an attractive feature.
I've never found a need for automatic replacement. So to me, that's not an attractive feature. I do the same thing. I read KePub only when there's a reason to do so. Otherwise, I mostly read ePub as I also like the way RMSDK handle the layout. Access really needs the layout bugs fixed.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2020, 05:03 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
They should disappear on the next calibre sync.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 05:26 PM   #7
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've never found a need for automatic replacement. So to me, that's not an attractive feature. I do the same thing. I read KePub only when there's a reason to do so. Otherwise, I mostly read ePub as I also like the way RMSDK handle the layout. Access really needs the layout bugs fixed.
I agree, I use kepub on my Kobo because the features it adds are useful to me (mostly the one screen equals one page).

But when I read an ePub on my Nook, the layout almost always looks better.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 10:00 PM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Thank you, David.

Make sure the "Delete empty collections" option is selected. If not, the collections will be left on the device without any books in it.

And one other trap that I always get caught by, you need to have at least one column specified for the collection management. If there are no columns in the field, the driver doesn't do anything with the collections. That is partly historical, but, it is also for safety.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:22 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I agree, I use kepub on my Kobo because the features it adds are useful to me (mostly the one screen equals one page).

But when I read an ePub on my Nook, the layout almost always looks better.
KePub rarely adds anything useful. It mostly adds things that are useless such as one screen equals one page and forced larger line height to remove cutting off the top/bottom lines. So most eBooks I read will be ePub.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:38 AM   #10
droopy
Guru

Thanks, David
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Make sure the "Delete empty collections" option is selected. If not, the collections will be left on the device without any books in it.
If "Delete empty collections" option is not selected, and I remove a book from a collection on my Kobo (or "remove a collection from the book"!), leaving that collection book-less, does that mean that the book-less collection will stay on my Kobo Forma?

Quote:
And one other trap that I always get caught by, you need to have at least one column specified for the collection management. If there are no columns in the field, the driver doesn't do anything with the collections.
Right now, I'm not in front of my laptop with Calibre. But I think the column associated with my Kobo collections is #myshelves.

Quote:
That is partly historical, but, it is also for safety.
Interesting.
Old 05-08-2020, 04:16 PM   #11
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
KePub rarely adds anything useful. It mostly adds things that are useless such as one screen equals one page and forced larger line height to remove cutting off the top/bottom lines.
Clearly what's useful for me is less so for you. Vive la différence.

Quote:
So most eBooks I read will be ePub.
If I were only going to read ePubs, I likely would have stuck with my Nooks. So if nothing else, kepub got me to try Kobo.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:54 PM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
If "Delete empty collections" option is not selected, and I remove a book from a collection on my Kobo (or "remove a collection from the book"!), leaving that collection book-less, does that mean that the book-less collection will stay on my Kobo Forma?
If the option isn't selected, collections with no books in them will be left alone. If the option is selected, collections with no books in them will be removed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 02:13 PM   #13
droopy
Guru

thanks, davidfor, it successfully removed an empty collection that had a typo in it.