Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-02-2019, 12:02 PM   #1
RsH
Enthusiast
RsH began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab A and PC + RCA RCT6213W87M Tablet + FiGo telephone
RCA Maven Pro doesn't connect using WiFi

I am using an RCA Maven Pro 11.6" 2-in-1 Tablet [32GB Quad Core] model RCT6213W87M. Tablet is using Android 6

I have over 20000 ebooks and want to connect using the WiFi connection but every time I try I get an error report from Calibre Companion immediately. Content Server connects and works as does a Cloud connection, but they do not allow me to see what has been transferred and what has not yet been transferred the way I like to work with Calibre.

Computer is an HP laptop running the latest Windows10, with F-Prot and MalwareBytes running for protection. MalwareBytes has been told to ignore Calibre without it making any change to the problem, so it is not caused by that security product.

Start Calibre on the laptop and go to the tablet; Select connect via WiFi without Sync

I get:

------------------------------
calibre, version 3.47.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device
Device responded with incorrect information
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 90, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 479, in _get_device_information
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 50, in _synchronizer
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 1267, in free_space
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 50, in _synchronizer
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 642, in _call_client
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 684, in _receive_from_client
ControlError: Device responded with incorrect information

On the tablet I get:
Click on using WiFi connection without sync of ebooks via Calibre Companion
Get the following once the tablet is talking to the computer

General Connection Error
There was an unrecognized error during the connection process. Please try again.

Connection works if I use the other two methods to connect - thus obviously WiFi works.

HELP!

09-09-2019...
Right now I am putting 19,933 e-books onto the cloud, but working with that many books on the cloud or via the contact server is a real pain and very slow. If WiFi worked for me so that I could choose at the computer what to transfer to the tablet it would be far more usable for my purposes but so far no one has provided a clue as to what I can do to make it work with the tablet. Help is still needed....

--------------------------------------------------------
From above...

File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 684, in _receive_from_client
ControlError: Device responded with incorrect information

What would be the correct information? What has to change to get the correct information?

Last edited by RsH; 09-13-2019 at 11:38 AM. Reason: updating problem is still there
RsH is offline   Reply With Quote