Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-18-2020, 10:47 AM   #1
Joey77
Joey77 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
[Kindle] Calibre cover art issue...

Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue that I hope someone can help me with.

So I'm using a kindle paperwhite running version 5.12.4
my calibre version is 3.48.0
MAC laptop running OSX El Capitan version 10.11.06

I've been using Calibre(great program by the way) for many years now. I use the send to device button to send all my sideloaded books to my kindle. Everything has been smooth until 3 days ago. 3 days ago any new book I send to my kindle the cover art shows for a second then reverts to the default no cover art image. All the previously added books still show all their cover art. Now did some testing and found that the cover art will stay on my kindle when wifi is off. The moment I turn wifi on(which has been on as default for years now on my kindle) that's when the newly added books lose their cover art.

Not sure what the issue is. I have not touched any settings in Calibre. It's driving me bonkers lol. Someone please help.

Joey
Joey77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 10:55 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=329945
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 12:03 PM   #3
Joey77

Thanks for the thread. I can't seem to view the system folder of my kindle when it's connected to my MAC. If anyone can walk me through it with some patience that would help.
Old 05-18-2020, 01:28 PM   #4
Joey77

Got it to all work and posted about it in thread given by kovid. Mod can delete this thread if need be. Thanks