Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #16
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Err.... This is an applications launcher.

It expects at least SOMETHING to run.

(Large Red lettering under SUPPORT on main thread)
Also, post #8 of this thread.

@twobob : How about shipping the test archive with a "test book" that says: "Now put your choice of Kindle extensions" in the extensions folder?

@self : Maybe not - then there would be two files to put on the Kindle instead of just one.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #17
Slusho64
Slusho64 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G
Well it would be nice to have something to put in the extensions folder to know that everything's working besides whatever extension I'm trying to use. Can I just get one extension or something to use in this way?
Slusho64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #18
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
kterm
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #19
Slusho64

Okay, I'll try installing the kindlet jailbreak and using kterm.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #20
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
the kindlet JB is what is missing.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #21
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slusho64 View Post
Well it would be nice to have something to put in the extensions folder to know that everything's working besides whatever extension I'm trying to use. Can I just get one extension or something to use in this way?
The Helper package is for exactly that.

I honestly think you should read the top post a bit more thoroughly.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #22
Slusho64

Okay, the problem was that I didn't have the Kindlet "jailbreak" installed. I guess I just didn't see it since in the original thread you state under requirements "Jailbreak. Kindlet Jailbreak." and I assumed it was one thing both because I've never heard of having to install a second thing called a jailbreak after the first jailbreak on any other device, and the first jailbreak has a component called the "Kindlet developer certificates". Perhaps a more step-by-step procedure (or at least putting the Kindlet jailbreak on a second line) would make things a little clearer for people in the future. Thank you both for helping me.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #23
twobob

no worries at all.

Obvious mistake to make.

be well.