Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 01-08-2007, 03:40 PM   #1
ahagele
ahagele began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten E
Clip with Sunrise XP - default destination

Hi there,
clip with Sunrise works fine for me with Firefox 2.0.0.1 using Sunrise XP 2.03.

However I can't figure out how to set a default output location in the Tab 'Output' / 'destinations'. Every time it's opened it has the first entry of the palm destinations in there. I like to have it defaulted to the card.
How can I do that? Is that stored in the registry or is that controlled by the hotsync conduit?

Thanks for your help.

Andreas
Old 01-08-2007, 04:15 PM   #2
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Strange. The destination should be saved automatically whenever you clip something.

Anyway, you might work around this as follows:
  • Select "View -> Settings Folder" from Sunrise XP's main menu. This opens Windows Explorer.
  • Open the "clip.sxl" file in Sunrise XP. The SXL should be empty.
  • Select "Edit -> Default Properties", change the destination on the Output tab and OK it.
  • Close Sunrise XP and try clipping something again.
Advert
Old 01-08-2007, 06:47 PM   #3
ahagele
ahagele began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten E
I found the problem

Laurens,
thanks for your quick reply.

I found the problem. My Palm ID should be 'Andreas' however after some palm upgrading etc the palm desktop had two. One with a space at the end and one without. After a lot of trying and tinkering, including your suggesting here I deleted one ID and got rid of the space on the other one and now things are as expected. The chosen output remains in Sunrise (both the 'normal' and the clip settings).

I suppose it should have worked with the trailing space (I saw it in the .sxl files like >Andreas <), however it didn't for some reason. Maybe you are clipping trailing spaces and that screws it up somewhere.

It's all good now except that some other registered palm software lost the registration because the user id has changed.

Cheers