Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-29-2023, 05:13 PM   #1
mangareader1
mangareader1 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
manga books from azw3 to epub issues

I converted some manga books that were azw3 to epub. On calibre when viewing the books I am able to read them. I have to let the viewer go full screen for it to be smooth. Keeping it in a windowed mode has numerous blank pages between the actual pages. Transferring them to my ipad to read the epub version through the generic books app, after the cover page everything is blank. All graphic novel comics work fine so do regular chapter books upon converting from azw3 to epub. The only issue is truly the manga books. I am trying to figure out do I need to change the conversion settings or is is simply because I am putting them onto an ipad. The calibre versions of them are fine. I've only been using calibre for a few months now so still relatively new to all of this.
Thank you
mangareader1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 10:18 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You might have better luck extracting the images from the epub and zipping them into a cbz for use on an ipad, or try a different reading software on the ipad.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert