Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 07-02-2007, 03:39 PM   #1
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
rtf2lrf

In libprs500 version 0.3.64

Code:
rtf2lrf mybook.rtf
Needs testing.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:57 PM   #2
sammykrupa
Reader of the Reader
sammykrupa doesn't littersammykrupa doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Supports pictures I presume? Wouldn't be too useful otherwise.
sammykrupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2007, 04:01 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I s'pose we could try it and see.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:03 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammykrupa View Post
Supports pictures I presume? Wouldn't be too useful otherwise.
Yeah it should, but I haven't tested it, since I don't use RTF.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:38 AM   #5
bkilian
Zealot
bkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notes

Device: Sony PRS/505
C:\Users\Bryan\Documents\My Books\New>rtf2lrf -t "The Stars at War" -a "David Weber and Steve White" --cover="stars1.jpg" The_Stars_at_War.rtf
Converting to HTML...This is UnRTF, version 0.19.3
By Dave Davey and Marcos Serrou do Amaral
Original Author: Zach T. Smith
Processing C:\Users\Bryan\Documents\My Books\New\The_Stars_at_War.rtf...
Done.
32248 words were hashed.
done
Processing tmpbvht5b.html
Parsing HTML... done
Converting to BBeB...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "convert_from.py", line 113, in <module>
File "convert_from.py", line 107, in main
File "shutil.pyo", line 174, in rmtree
File "shutil.pyo", line 172, in rmtree
WindowsError: [Error 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: 'c:\\users\\bryan\\appdata\\local\\temp\\rtf2lrf_c qjvhu\\pict001.wmf'

C:\Users\Bryan\Documents\My Books\New>rtf2lrf --version
libprs500 0.3.64

This is on Windows Vista. I don't get any errors when using lit2lrf or html2lrf on the same book (in the other versions, of course )
bkilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2007, 10:27 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Can you send me the RTF?
Old 07-03-2007, 10:33 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkilian View Post
C:\Users\Bryan\Documents\My Books\New>rtf2lrf -t "The Stars at War" -a "David Weber and Steve White" --cover="stars1.jpg" The_Stars_at_War.rtf
Converting to HTML...This is UnRTF, version 0.19.3
By Dave Davey and Marcos Serrou do Amaral
Original Author: Zach T. Smith
Processing C:\Users\Bryan\Documents\My Books\New\The_Stars_at_War.rtf...
Done.
32248 words were hashed.
done
Processing tmpbvht5b.html
Parsing HTML... done
Converting to BBeB...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "convert_from.py", line 113, in <module>
File "convert_from.py", line 107, in main
File "shutil.pyo", line 174, in rmtree
File "shutil.pyo", line 172, in rmtree
WindowsError: [Error 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: 'c:\\users\\bryan\\appdata\\local\\temp\\rtf2lrf_c qjvhu\\pict001.wmf'

C:\Users\Bryan\Documents\My Books\New>rtf2lrf --version
libprs500 0.3.64

This is on Windows Vista. I don't get any errors when using lit2lrf or html2lrf on the same book (in the other versions, of course )
Do you by any chance have Word running at the same time as you are trying to convert the RTF? If so, Word might be keeping some files in use.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:38 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Fixed in 0.3.65
Old 07-04-2007, 02:36 AM   #9
bkilian
Zealot
bkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notes

Device: Sony PRS/505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Fixed in 0.3.65
Partly, now it converts the file, but loses the image, I get this error:
Processing tmp6gjcy6.html
Parsing HTML... done
Converting to BBeB...Unable to process: c:\users\bryan\appdata\local\temp\rtf2lrf_2wl-f7\pict001.wmf cannot identify image file
done

lit2lrf does a good job, so I don't really need the rtf one, but I'm always willing to fiddle .

Would it be possible to add an option to your tools (lit2 and rtf2) that write out the intermediate html file they create? Similar to your lrs output. (And do you have a lrs2lrf, I don't see what I would use to convert a modified LRS that your tool had output in your program folder)
bkilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:46 AM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Yeah the python imaging library doesn't support the wmf format so there isn't going to be support for it.

lit2lrf just calls clit file.lit destdir/ to create the html
and rtf2lrf call unrtf file.rtf
They're on your apth so you can call them manually.

I don't provide a lrs2lrf converter but there is one available see the LRF generation tools sticky.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:20 PM   #11
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I notice that the mac version seems to have problems with the lrx files that come from the connect store. When I try to copy an lrx file onto my eReader device, it bombs. I suspect because the file is encrypted so you can't read the metadata. Other than that, it works great for me. I had no problems with the rtf, pdf and lrf files.
pww
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:25 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Exactly how does it bomb?
Old 07-04-2007, 04:19 PM   #13
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It just dies. Here is the opening part of the report that gets generated

Date/Time: 2007-07-04 16:17:42.820 -0400
OS Version: 10.4.10 (Build 8R2218)
Report Version: 4

Command: libprs500
Path: /Applications/libprs500.app/Contents/MacOS/libprs500
Parent: WindowServer [97]

Version: 0.3.65 (libprs500 0.3.65)

PID: 739
Thread: 0

Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS (0x0001) at 0x6c727535

Thread 0 Crashed:
0 QtGui 0x1280e213 QClipboard::event(QEvent*) + 645
1 QtGui 0x1280e6d1 QClipboard::event(QEvent*) + 1859
2 QtGui 0x12815710 QDragManager::drag(QDrag*) + 1154
3 QtGui 0x127d0ae6 QDrag::start(QFlags<Qt:ropAction>) + 68
4 QtGui.so 0x122ca845 sipQDrag::sipProtectVirt_disconnectNotify(bool, char const*) + 3247
5 org.python.python 0x0049942a PyEval_EvalFrameEx + 24563
6 org.python.python 0x004994d8 PyEval_EvalFrameEx + 24737
7 org.python.python 0x00499cdc PyEval_EvalCodeEx + 1819
8 org.python.python 0x0042f537 PyFunction_SetClosure + 2019
9 org.python.python 0x0040e278 PyObject_Call + 45
10 org.python.python 0x00415ee5 PyMethod_New + 2432
11 org.python.python 0x0040e278 PyObject_Call + 45
12 org.python.python 0x004925b2 PyEval_CallObjectWithKeywords + 112
13 sip.so 0x00697ab1
Old 07-04-2007, 04:24 PM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

GUI bug should be fixed in 0.4.0.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:40 PM   #15
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Great, thanks. If it weren't for you and some of the other developers putting out such great products, I would feel a lot more unhappy about the lack of action by Sony with regards to the eReader. Between your product, the Docudesk PRS Browser, the Book Designer and the universal flasher, I feel like my eReader is going to continue to be of use to me for several years.

Tags
libprs500, rtf2lrf