Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 08-27-2007, 05:21 PM   #61
nesagwa
Connoisseur
nesagwa began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook360
Can you explain the syntax for how to use the -t and -a options?

Ive tried both of these ways:

comiclrf.pl -t "Comic Name" "C:\Comic.cbz" and
comiclrf.pl "C:\Comic.cbz" -t "Comic Name"

Both with and without quotes. Im obviously doing something wrong.
nesagwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:55 PM   #62
banjopicker
banjopicker began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by FangornUK View Post
visionarycat, works fine for me. Can you send a sample that fails?

banjopicker, can you post a typical command line that fails?
Sorry for the delay Fangorn, I will get command lines and outputs to you sometime this weekend.
banjopicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2007, 11:44 PM   #63
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjopicker View Post
Sorry for the delay Fangorn, I will get command lines and outputs to you sometime this weekend.
Have you by any chance tried PDFLRF? It does support .cbz. I would be really interested in how well it handles .cbz.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:30 AM   #64
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
FangornUK, is there any way to have the program convert a batch of cbr/cbz files into one large lrf file? It would be great to have one large file on the Reader instead of lots of individual files.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:50 PM   #65
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
Is that really useful? Most of my Comic files are very large and combining them would probably make them too big. I think it is 64MBytes limit but I might be wrong. It would mean a major rewrite to do that anyway.
FangornUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2007, 06:04 PM   #66
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
I agree, too many is not practical. I was thinking about doing 10 issues per file, that way it is more organized on the Reader and just looks more clean. Not a big deal, just the organizational freak in me wanting folders and sub-menus on the Reader.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:57 PM   #67
iyamapotato
iyamapotato began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Just wanted to give a big thanks to FangornUK. comiclrf is the only thing that let me painlessly convert scanlations. I tried Manga2Ebook and another one or two and they all mangled the output into lrf's that are nowhere as good as the ones I get with comiclrf. And the alternatives took so much more effort for a poorer reading experience.
iyamapotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:09 AM   #68
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by iyamapotato View Post
Just wanted to give a big thanks to FangornUK. comiclrf is the only thing that let me painlessly convert scanlations. I tried Manga2Ebook and another one or two and they all mangled the output into lrf's that are nowhere as good as the ones I get with comiclrf. And the alternatives took so much more effort for a poorer reading experience.
Funny you said that, as Manga2Ebook converts to pdf only and not directly to lrf.
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:47 AM   #69
iyamapotato
iyamapotato began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by athlonkmf View Post
Funny you said that, as Manga2Ebook converts to pdf only and not directly to lrf.
I ran them through PDFRead afterward. I also tried JE Comics and JAP (Just Another Printer). Various issues included not being able to center justify the page, extra whitespace and dissatisfaction with image quality regardless of settings.
iyamapotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:45 AM   #70
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by iyamapotato View Post
I ran them through PDFRead afterward. I also tried JE Comics and JAP (Just Another Printer). Various issues included not being able to center justify the page, extra whitespace and dissatisfaction with image quality regardless of settings.
that's more because you don't know the correct settings for pdfread then.
For starters, don't let it autocrop.
And besides, rasterfarian was and is still recommended above pdfread.

There is a reason why manga2ebook only makes pdf-files....
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:40 AM   #71
cacapee
Connoisseur
cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.

Device: prs-500
Try out pdflrf. I've added a bunch more options for processing comic files. I'm interested in any feedback.
cacapee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:48 AM   #72
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I have to give kudos to comiclrf, it works like a dream. I haven't got the reader yet but I was able to batch convert a bunch of comics and the B&W output looks great on the connect desktop reader.

This program's one of the things that's making the Sony Reader that much more viable a choice for me.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:05 PM   #73
lockery
lockery began at the beginning.

Device: sony 500
Hello All, I am having problems running this program. I have installed the perl per the readme using the default directory. I have installed ImageMagick-6.3.6-10 using defualt setup. Comiclrf is in C:\comiclrf

I have run the command:

comiclrf.pl "c:\comiclrf\test.cbr" and I get the following error:

Unknown open() mode '>:raw:encoding(UTF16-LE):crlf:utf8' at D:\comiclrf\comiclrf
.pl line 152.

any ideas?

Thanks,
Lockery
lockery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:09 AM   #74
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
You installed ActivePerl with all the default options?
FangornUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:30 AM   #75
lockery
lockery began at the beginning.

Device: sony 500
Correct. I have tried running it from c and d drive. the above error message came from running on d drive. I am not familiar with perl, so I am not sure what the above message is stating.
lockery is offline   Reply With Quote