Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-22-2018, 10:34 AM   #1
timoc
timoc began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
PRS-T1 Read only READER partition on linux

Hi,

I have a PRS-T1, with the 1.0.04 Fimware on it. I am about to upgrade the firmware, but i cannot write the os upgrade to the READER partition when i mount it on Ubuntu.

I tried to remount it as rw, but no luck. I tried to use the onboard REFORMAT option, but it kind of hung and did not work.

Is there a way to fix this? Will an OS upgrade work?

Any help appreciated.

Last edited by timoc; 07-22-2018 at 10:47 AM.
timoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:12 PM   #2
Sing Sing
Sing Sing doesn't litterSing Sing doesn't litter

Device: none
Hi,

Filesystem errors can cause mount to mount the partition read-only, so that might explain it. Though you'd expect to see an error message when you mount it, and also in dmesg. Then writing files would give the error 'Read-only file system'.

In that case you could umount it and run dosfsck to repair it. Add the -t option to check for bad clusters.

Or another thought, if you're only seeing the error 'Permission denied' when you try to write the files, then it could be you mounted it as root (without -o user), then tried to write the files as non-root?
Sing Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert