Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-17-2018, 01:56 AM   #1111
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquiaolado View Post
I have ebooks in Calibre a library management software, they have a column with title. The plug-in must retrive the value of that column for the rows chosen, then do a search with that value in google books, then copy the ISBN that appears in the url, then change the "=" with a ":" between the word "ISBN" and the actual number and then substitute whatever there is in the field ISBN in Calibre with the value retrieved. That is it.
That just sounds like you want to get the ISBN for a book and add it to the identifiers. Calibre already does this via several different metadata source plugins. If you use the metadata download, you will usually get an ISBN added to the identifiers.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:49 AM   #1112
franc
Connoisseur
franc began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is there a plugin (or maybe even a setting) where I can put the normal search (through my library) in Calibre incremental?
It is not a big thing, but I am so used to incremented search that I miss that feature in Calibre. Could be not that difficult, or?

Thank for hint
frank

EDIT: see attached Screenshot where it is in Calibre, what I mean. In my example the list schould be diminuished to only Titles with "Gedichte" containing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Graphic_21_03_2018 14_50_29.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	162939  

Last edited by franc; 03-21-2018 at 09:52 AM.
franc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:53 PM   #1113
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by franc View Post
Is there a plugin (or maybe even a setting) where I can put the normal search (through my library) in Calibre incremental?
It is not a big thing, but I am so used to incremented search that I miss that feature in Calibre. Could be not that difficult, or?

Thank for hint
frank

EDIT: see attached Screenshot where it is in Calibre, what I mean. In my example the list schould be diminuished to only Titles with "Gedichte" containing.
If I understand correctly this is already implemented:
In Preferences >Searching select search as you type.
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:49 AM   #1114
franc
Connoisseur
franc began at the beginning.

Thank, I just didnt noticed that
Works
franc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:40 AM   #1115
Camelot
Connoisseur
Camelot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I hope this are right place

My idea is a store/metadata plugin from ebook.de
Example https://www.ebook.de/de/product/28731389/.html

Notice: Works the Edelweiss metadata plugin? From log i have this url:
http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com
New URL https://www.edelweiss.plus/
But Edelweiss has not eBooks.
Camelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 06:48 AM   #1116
gabox01
gabox01 began at the beginning.

Device: gabox01
Get read progress info from device and show in GUI

I'm not aware of this feature existing yet, and was wondering if it would make sense to implement.

So basically I read on a Kindle Voyage, and that device keeps track of the reading progress of each book. It would be nice if calibre could grab this information from the device upon sync and could show the progress in the GUI in a dedicated column. Also upon changing device, this information could be restored on new device.
My current solution is I have a 'read' category and i manually put there books I've already read. Not very nice.

Are there any solution out there for this? If not I think this would be something nice to have.
gabox01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:59 AM   #1117
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabox01 View Post
I'm not aware of this feature existing yet, and was wondering if it would make sense to implement.
Welcome to Mobileread.

Moderator Notice
Deleted duplicate post I found in the development forum.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:15 AM   #1118
yonkyunior
Cultivator
yonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litter

Device: PRST2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
would it be possible to created metadata parser for novelupdates.com?
+1

NovelUpdates actually became the most updated database for Asian Novel (Japan LightNovel, Korean WebNovel, Chinese WebNovel) in the web. It just like goodreads for me. Why should i take metadata from this site? because it had the most updated metadata, and yes i can praise the tags in there.

Author,Title,Alternative Title,Status of Updates, Last Chapter, Total Chapter, Total Volume, and Review.

last time i checked the forum, the site doesnt have API.

Theres also another site like this lndb.info

-----------------------------------------------------

I have another suggestion for Genre and Tags
#1 Why dont add something like Tag Definition or Genre Definition.
When we manage tags or manage genre, we could also add description that will pop out when we hover on the tags or genre.

#2 Hide/Unhide or Custom column Profile that organize Custom Column showing up in edit metadata dialog.
Here, we can Hide/Unhide,
Group Custom Column (example:Comic Metadata, Goodreads Plugins Custom Column, or Library Codes Custom Column)
Or Making Saved Profile like the view manager feature, so the order we can configure it ourself without going to Tweaking, I've used the tweak feature to order custom column, i've back and forth jsut to read the cc_lookup name and jolt it down to order it.

Last edited by yonkyunior; 05-01-2018 at 03:21 PM.
yonkyunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 02:32 AM   #1119
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Why can't we make changes (into editor) in some svg files at the same time just like in html files?
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 07:56 AM   #1120
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonkyunior View Post

#2 Hide/Unhide or Custom column Profile that organize Custom Column showing up in edit metadata dialog.
Here, we can Hide/Unhide,
Group Custom Column (example:Comic Metadata, Goodreads Plugins Custom Column, or Library Codes Custom Column)
Or Making Saved Profile like the view manager feature, so the order we can configure it ourself without going to Tweaking, I've used the tweak feature to order custom column, i've back and forth jsut to read the cc_lookup name and jolt it down to order it.

One of the 47 GUI Tools in the Job Spy plug-in already does this. Has for several years now.

DaltonST

Show TooltipShow TooltipShow TooltipShow Tooltip
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:29 AM   #1121
yonkyunior
Cultivator
yonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litter

Device: PRST2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
One of the 47 GUI Tools in the Job Spy plug-in already does this. Has for several years now.

DaltonST

Show TooltipShow TooltipShow TooltipShow Tooltip
yonkyunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 05:33 AM   #1122
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo
Plugin idea : Virtual Libraries Manager

a VM like, for the tabs mode view of Virtual Libraries.
Save and quick load a "Collection" containing the order and the viewing/hidden tabs .

Last edited by un_pogaz; 05-24-2018 at 03:18 AM.
un_pogaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 04:39 PM   #1123
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Is there a plug-in that will display the table of contents (if there is one) if you select an entry?

I'm trying to split out short stories and anthologies from full length works... Short stories I can get from the Count Pages plug-in, but I don't see any that can display a ToC without pulling up the whole book in the viewer.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 05:57 PM   #1124
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
Is there a plug-in that will display the table of contents (if there is one) if you select an entry?

I'm trying to split out short stories and anthologies from full length works... Short stories I can get from the Count Pages plug-in, but I don't see any that can display a ToC without pulling up the whole book in the viewer.
Have you tried the EpubSplit plugin? It shows you the files/TOC of an existing epub and lets you create new epubs by choosing which parts to include.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 07:17 PM   #1125
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Have you tried the EpubSplit plugin? It shows you the files/TOC of an existing epub and lets you create new epubs by choosing which parts to include.
I have it and use it, but it's an extra operation to click on the plug-in, scroll through it, and close it. What I had in mind was a plug in that displayed any ToC in the right hand frame in Calibre - along with the cover and book details.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, chatbot, cover, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, kindle, metadata calibre title, missing, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development, scribe