Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-16-2010, 11:10 AM   #1
Traye
Zealot
Traye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle, Sony PRS505, Ipod touch, iPhone
Help! I've bought an ebook!

Hi guys.

I've taken my first foray into buying an ebook. I've done that, checked out, downloaded it and it's now sitting in Adobe Digital Editions.

Now what do I do with it? Can I plug my Sony 505 in and drag and drop?
This is the first time I've done this, so don't laugh!

Thanks in advance.
Traye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Hya Traye: First thing to do, I'd suggest, is to find some simple but effective library software. Like many here, I'd advise you to download the free Calibre programme (developed by an MR member) and use that. Takes a very short while to download Calibre, and then it becomes evident how to pop your books into it from wherever they currenly hang out and put them into your machine within seconds. So easy. Good luck. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2010, 11:27 AM   #3
Traye
Zealot
Traye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle, Sony PRS505, Ipod touch, iPhone
Thanks for such a quick reply Neil.

I already have Calibre and I managed to add the book I bought to it no problem. Thanks for your help.
Traye is offline   Reply With Quote