Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-24-2006, 11:14 AM   #16
gandalfbp
gandalfbp began at the beginning.

Sure, I saw it. But how can you specify the Reader? A Business Solution? Clearly not. A Car Audio/Video? No!. Etc. Anfer you select a product category, you have to specify the modell too: you have to choose from a combo. I was unable to find the Reader
gandalfbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 03:48 AM   #17
gdxf
Enthusiast
gdxf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
I have exactly the same problems with some image pdf converted rtf files. They just wouldn't transfer to the reader and the connect software hangs there with the CPU 100% occupied. It drives me crazy... Really hope Sony will soon come up with a software update for this version of Connect Reader. Or someone has a solution for this?
gdxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2006, 07:17 AM   #18
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Opening and saving in WordPad helped in my case.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 07:20 PM   #19
gdxf
Enthusiast
gdxf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk
Opening and saving in WordPad helped in my case.
Thanks. I tried Wordpad and it still won't work. Alternatively, when I import the rtf converted doc into the reader, the doc inside the Sony Reader needs formatting every time I open the file for reading, it takes about a 40 seconds to do so. Some files just simply won't format and force the Sony Reader to reboot.
gdxf is offline   Reply With Quote