Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-18-2008, 08:10 PM   #1
Deputy-Dawg
Groupie
Deputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs505
calibre & cron problem

I am trying to set up cron to gather several feeds on a scheduled basis. The following command generates the feeds file for the Associated Press and stores the file as "associated press.lrf" in a folder called 'newspapers' on the desktop.

Code:
feeds2lrf  --output='desktop/newspapers/associated press.lrf' 'Associated Press'
When executed from the terminal on my MacBook Air it does exactly that. However when executed from within cron it does everything through the rationalizing of the fonts but does not save the file and there is no error message. It simply ceases after the rationalization of the fonts.

What have I missed?
Deputy-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:50 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to supply an absolute path to --output
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2008, 05:37 PM   #3
Deputy-Dawg
Groupie
Deputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-books

Kovid
I must be extremely dense today! But:

From the terminal the command:

Code:
feeds2lrf --output=test.lrf 'Associated Press'
Writes the file "test.lrf" to the directory: Macintosh HD/User/Me

And the command"

Code:
feeds2lrf --output=Desktop/newspapers/test.lrf 'Associated Press'
writes the file to folder "newspapers" on the desktop

On the other hand from crontab the command:

Code:
feeds2lrf --output=test.lrf 'Associated Press'
writes the file "test.lrf" to the root of "Macintosh HD"

and the command:

Code:
feeds2lrf --output='Macintosh HD'/Users/Me/Desktop/newspapers/test.lrf 'Associated Press'
writes nothing at all and the command:

Code:
feeds2lrf --output='Macintosh HD':Users:Me:Desktop:newspapers:test.lrf 'Associated Press'
writes a file "Macintosh HD/Users/Me/Desktop/newspapers/test.lrf"

To the root of "Macintosh HD"

(note that the slashes are part of the file name and are not path delimiters.)

Now I know I must have done something incredibly stupid, but I am lost.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:58 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use --output="/Users/Me/output.lrf"
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:56 PM   #5
Deputy-Dawg
Groupie

Darn, that should have been obvious. You said absolute, not fully delimited. In any event it works like a champ now.

Thanks.
Advert