Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-14-2013, 05:23 PM   #556
strowger
strowger began at the beginning.

Device: various
Yup - most-desired feature now is working suspend.
strowger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:44 AM   #557
stasys
Zealot
stasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo, Paperwhite
Can somebody, please, point me the Koreader build which would:
1. Allow to turn reader on/off or sleep/wake
2. Allow me to turn light on/off
3. Remember the last settings for certain books type - i.e. if if I told once that I want to read epubs with my fonts and use epub css, why I shall on each epub opening to tell that again?
4. Had customizable position of bottom settings bar.
5. Had customizable tap zones - I want to be able turn pages by touching the screen in the places where now bottom bar is located.
stasys is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2013, 09:47 AM   #558
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by stasys View Post
Can somebody, please, point me the Koreader build which would:
1. Allow to turn reader on/off or sleep/wake
2. Allow me to turn light on/off
3. Remember the last settings for certain books type - i.e. if if I told once that I want to read epubs with my fonts and use epub css, why I shall on each epub opening to tell that again?
4. Had customizable position of bottom settings bar.
5. Had customizable tap zones - I want to be able turn pages by touching the screen in the places where now bottom bar is located.
1. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=511

2. There is a button on the top of the device for that. If you are using 1. above the button won't work but there is a toggle to turn the light on and off in the frontlight settings menu.

3. It is an either/or situation, you can have it use the epub's css (with its choice of fonts) or you can tell Koreader to not use the embedded fonts. It defaults to epubs using their own embedded fonts. (I have my preferred font as well, so I feel your pain, but if it meant that much to me I would change/add the font into the epub's css.)

4.&5. would be a nice feature but might be some work to implement, if they are something you want considered by the Koreader development team you can post the issue at koreader/Github.

Luck;
Ken

I just noticed that you list no Kobo device, there is a Kindle forum that has threads on Koreader, as I understand it.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 09-15-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #559
Mike76
Connoisseur
Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013, Kobo Mini, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
3. It is an either/or situation, you can have it use the epub's css (with its choice of fonts) or you can tell Koreader to not use the embedded fonts. It defaults to epubs using their own embedded fonts. (I have my preferred font as well, so I feel your pain, but if it meant that much to me I would change/add the font into the epub's css.)
It's not about choosing of own or embedded fonts. The problem is that you have to set ALL of the options (font/render style/hyphenation) every time when you open a new file - there are no default settings (at least nothing you can easily find).
Mike76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #560
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
Installed Koreader on Kobo Glo 2.8.1, created folder books in root, put there some fb2 and epub books and can not see any of fb2 books in Koreader (epub I see and can open). What I'm doing wrong? Or Koreader just does not read fb2 files?
I have not managed to install koreader on my glo, would you mind running through how you installed it?
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #561
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike76 View Post
It's not about choosing of own or embedded fonts. The problem is that you have to set ALL of the options (font/render style/hyphenation) every time when you open a new file - there are no default settings (at least nothing you can easily find).
You could check out the files in the "Data" folder, for a possible fix for types listed. I think they amount to defaults.

Luck;
Ken
Old 09-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #562
stasys
Zealot
stasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enough

Ken,
1. Is not working for me. Maybe because I have also Kobopatcher 0.7
Old 09-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #563
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Ken,
1. Is not working for me. Maybe because I have also Kobopatcher 0.7
There should not be much where the two programs interact, but I guess it's possible. What Kobo device do you have?

Luck;
Ken
Old 09-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #564
stasys
Zealot

I have Kobo Glo
Old 09-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #565
Mike76
Connoisseur
Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013, Kobo Mini, iPad Mini
Quote:
You could check out the files in the "Data" folder, for a possible fix for types listed. I think they amount to defaults.
Editing those .css files is not enough to change global settings (font size/font face/gamma index) for all file types. You have to edit the .lua files in 'frontend/ui/reader/' directory, but it is not really the easy way.

However, editing 'frontend/ui/reader/readerfont.lua' file you can modify 'font_face', 'font_size', 'line_space_percent' and 'gamma_index' default values - and this is more than nothing...
Mike76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #566
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
I have Kobo Glo
From the posts here the Glo users have had some trouble getting Koreader running, for some reason. From what I've seen of KoboPatcher, it is just modifying Nickel's files, not Koreader's.

Sorry;
Ken
Old 09-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #567
stasys
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
I have not managed to install koreader on my glo, would you mind running through how you installed it?
I've installed first KoboLauncher from here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=201632
Installation shall be done as per instructions from here:
http://wiki.vlasovsoft.net/doku.php?..._glo_mini_aura
Then I manually restarted Glo with paperclip and checked if the Launcher is working (press on it's icon)
After that I put latest Koreader from nightly builds into .kobo directory, safely disconnected and it installed itself.
Sadly, light switch function to put reader to sleep (from here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=511) hangs Koreader, so no much use from this great program for me.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #568
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
I've installed first KoboLauncher from here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=201632
Installation shall be done as per instructions from here:
http://wiki.vlasovsoft.net/doku.php?..._glo_mini_aura
Then I manually restarted Glo with paperclip and checked if the Launcher is working (press on it's icon)
After that I put latest Koreader from nightly builds into .kobo directory, safely disconnected and it installed itself.
Sadly, light switch function to put reader to sleep (from here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=511) hangs Koreader, so no much use from this great program for me.
How is it hanging? Do you see the "Sleeping.." popup? The timing for coming out of the sleep mode using the slider has caused some confusion. Then there is a longish pause before the "Sleeping.." Pop-up disappears. It makes it hard to know if you have held the slider for the right amount of time. You have to try it and then wait and see if the Pop-up disappears.

My light switch does nothing now. The suspend/sleep works from the slider, on my AuraHD.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 09-15-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #569
stasys
Zealot

Quote:
How is it hanging? Do you see the "Sleeping.." popup?
I can launch Koreader, but it just opens list of directories (one of them is books, which I've created and where I put my books) and then nothing happens - reader is not reacting to taping directories, not reacting to taping anyplace on the screen. Not reacting to light switch ether. Reacting only to power switch - then "Sleeping.." popup appears and stays.
Then I'm using paperclip and back to native Koboreader.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #570
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
I can launch Koreader, but it just opens list of directories (one of them is books, which I've created and where I put my books) and then nothing happens - reader is not reacting to taping directories, not reacting to taping anyplace on the screen. Not reacting to light switch ether. Reacting only to power switch - then "Sleeping.." popup appears and stays.
Then I'm using paperclip and back to native Koboreader.
Do you launch Koreader with the KoboLauncher program or do you use a png file, like the one the nightly build's KoboRoot.tgz would have installed?

Luck;
Ken