Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
scooterfrog
Enthusiast
scooterfrog began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
2 libraries 2? servers

I have 2 libraries on one PC. one is my books the other is approved books for my kids with moon+ on their tablets. I want them to be able to get to their books only.

is there an easy to use server only so I an point it to the second KIDS library. configure it on a separate port.

calibre currently serves up the library that is 'active' in the application
scooterfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #2
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Use the calibre-server command line tool. You can give it a port and a library path, and you should be able to run multiple instances of it.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
scooterfrog
Enthusiast
scooterfrog began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
thanks
I can do even better than that. I can use the default library, a different port and a restriction by using the flag
--restriction kids

where kids - tags:"kids"

works perfectly

Last edited by scooterfrog; 01-15-2013 at 10:27 AM.
scooterfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:44 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterfrog View Post
thanks
I can do even better than that. I can use the default library, a different port and a restriction by using the flag
--restriction kids

where kids - tags:"kids"

works perfectly
Good catch. The restriction feature of calibre is great and allows multiple virtual libraries within one main library. FYI if you are only running one instance of calibre server you can set the restriction in the GUI by going to Preferences - Sharing over the internet.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote