Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Whispersync for Voice is *LIVE*

Whispersync for Voice (syncing between e-books and audiobooks) is live *now.* It works (obviously) with older devices. It works with my Kindle Keyboard. There are also a variety of free books/audible books you can try it out with. I used "Dracula."

Here's a link to the page: https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000827761
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:36 PM   #2
vermontcathy
Connoisseur
vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 11, PW5, Oasis
I downloaded Dracula (ebook to my kindle touch and the kindle app for android, and audio to Audible app for android). I can't get the audio to sync at all. The ebooks will sync from my kindle touch to the kindle app for android, but not the audio. I don't even see any option in the Audible app to "sync to furthest page read" or anything. Maybe it just isn't ready yet? Has anyone gotten it to work?
vermontcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Has anyone upgraded her k3? Does TTS still work after the upgrade?
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:12 AM   #4
acalva
acalva began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
vermontcathy I was also testing without success but realized that just today (September 7th) a new version of audible for android was released, after upgrade I got sync working.
acalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:50 AM   #5
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I'm using the Kindle for iPad app and Audible for iPod. Everything is up to date and the audio sync still isn't working for me. I had to merge my Audible account with my Amazon account. I'm wondering if that's the delay. Perhaps it takes them time to update the system. If it doesn't work soon, I'll call Audible today.

Last edited by mycurlylocks; 09-08-2012 at 08:46 AM.
mycurlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
Whispersync for Voice (syncing between e-books and audiobooks) is live *now.* It works (obviously) with older devices. It works with my Kindle Keyboard. There are also a variety of free books/audible books you can try it out with. I used "Dracula."
Thanks

I downloaded all 27 classics. Free is always a great deal!
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:00 AM   #7
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Just got done listening to The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, beautiful narration by Anne Hathaway. Downloaded all the classics too. I bought another Jane Eyre version a few years ago for high school, should be nice to re-read with a different narrator.

I couldn't get Whispersync to work though. Will keep trying.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #8
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
I tried it with The Moonstone (by Wilkie Collins) and it syncs beautifully using the Kindle and Audible apps on my iPad. I'll work on getting some of the other free titles later today. This is a wonderful feature!
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #9
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I tried it with The Moonstone (by Wilkie Collins) and it syncs beautifully using the Kindle and Audible apps on my iPad. I'll work on getting some of the other free titles later today. This is a wonderful feature!
Can you talk about whether and when you had to issue "sync" commands? Mine's working one way (if I listen ahead to the Audible file on my iOS device, I can get the Kindle reading spot to advance), but not the opposite (even if I go through a Chapter break on the Kindle, the Audible app will always start playing at the place I last paused the audio, NOT the spot that I read to). I've tried issuing sync commands from both devices, and both tell me they're at the furthest spot, but it's not true.

Update: Have now confirmed that for me at least, sync is *only* pushed from Audible-to-text, NOT text-to-audible, using a hardware Kindle, as well as Kindle apps for iOS and Android.

Last edited by curtw; 09-08-2012 at 11:31 PM.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:28 PM   #10
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
Can you talk about whether and when you had to issue "sync" commands? Mine's working one way (if I listen ahead to the Audible file on my iOS device, I can get the Kindle reading spot to advance), but not the opposite (even if I go through a Chapter break on the Kindle, the Audible app will always start playing at the place I last paused the audio, NOT the spot that I read to). I've tried issuing sync commands from both devices, and both tell me they're at the furthest spot, but it's not true.
It works both ways for me. The Kindle app syncs on its own but I have to manually sync the Audible app (by tapping "Sync Position Across Devices" in Settings), although at one point it did ask me if I wanted to sync to the same position as the Kindle app (something like that; can't remember the exact wording).
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:41 AM   #11
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I've been playing with this and still haven't figured it totally out.

iPhone Audible app, K Fire, and KK 3G

Only one time did the Audible app on my iPhone do a sync to where I was in the book on the K Fire. I haven't got it to do it again.

It may be that I have the book on both Kindles and it messes it up when they are on different pages or that I have flipped ahead in the books and then went back to the beginning, but it now wants to sync to a page that I was on earlier and not where the book is now.

iPhone Audible app and iPhone Kindle app

I have been trying it with the iPhone Audible and Kindle app and can't get them to sync so that I can switch back and forth.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #12
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
It works both ways for me.
Hmm... Tried your book, and yep, it works in Moonstone. Still doesn't work in the book I was trying, Huckleberry Finn. Looks like there's book-specific stuff that some Amazon/Audible employee needs to set up *just right* for each title.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #13
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Got it to work with my Kindle Fire. I had to manually press sync each time though.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:51 PM   #14
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Got it to work with my Kindle Fire. I had to manually press sync each time though.
Did you press the sync on the Fire book to get it to match what was on the Audible iOS app?

I need to go try again with another book and only open it on one of my Kindles.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #15
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Did you press the sync on the Fire book to get it to match what was on the Audible iOS app?

I need to go try again with another book and only open it on one of my Kindles.
I was using the Audible app on the Kindle itself with the Fire's built in Kindle reader. Haven't tried it with my Kindle Android/Mac app or Audible for Android yet.