Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
Moketa
Moketa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Calibre server won't start!

I am running Win 7 with Satellite Internet through a Linksys router.When I try to start Calibre server & takes a couple mins. before returning with
"calibre, version 0.8.52
ERROR: Failed to start content server: IOError("Port 8080 not bound on '192.168.1.100'",)"
I am not that tech smart,so if anyone has a simple,straight forward fix I would be grateful.
Moketa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:40 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moketa View Post
I am running Win 7 with Satellite Internet through a Linksys router.When I try to start Calibre server & takes a couple mins. before returning with
"calibre, version 0.8.52
ERROR: Failed to start content server: IOError("Port 8080 not bound on '192.168.1.100'",)"
I am not that tech smart,so if anyone has a simple,straight forward fix I would be grateful.
Forget the router , it is a red herring.
something is blocking the use of 8080 (it could be in use or a firewall is stopping it)

At the command prompt
type: netstat -a
see if 8080 is in use

In your firewall: set calibre-server as an allowed program (specify the port if permitted)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Or change the port that calibre uses......
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #4
Moketa

Still no go!

Used "netstat -a" port 8080 is not being used.
Checked Windows Firewall & Calibre main program is allowed.
Changed port to 8060 & get the same error message as before

Still trying!!!!
Old 05-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Used "netstat -a" port 8080 is not being used.
Checked Windows Firewall & Calibre main program is allowed.
Changed port to 8060 & get the same error message as before

Still trying!!!!
Bingo!
the program for the content server is NOT the main program.

calibre-server.exe has to be allowed
Advert
Old 05-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #6
Moketa

Server

Like I said earlier,I'm not much of a techie.How do I add calibre-server.exe?
Old 05-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Like I said earlier,I'm not much of a techie.How do I add calibre-server.exe?
That I can't answer. Your firewall (no idea on which you use) software should have a Help file.
All I can say is: calibre-server.exe is the value to allow