Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-26-2011, 03:29 PM   #1
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Series numbers

I'm not sure if that has been discussed elsewhere - at least I couldn't find anything. Regarding the series numbers, sometimes authors issue novellas as part of a series, but it's not part of their "official" numbering order. Would it be possible to add those novellas as a .5 (for example) between whole numbers to fit that novella in the proper sequence of books? For example, I just bought a novella that is a prequel to a series, and it could be .5 in series order.

I feel kind of bad asking for even more from you at Calibre, since it's my favorite program ever, but I'm thinking it wouldn't be a tough fix? And hopefully not a nuisance to those who wouldn't want it! Thanks for considering it, anyway.
Jane A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane A View Post
...Would it be possible to add those novellas as a .5 (for example) between whole numbers to fit that novella in the proper sequence of books? ...
Yup, calibre allows for 2 decimal places. If the novella actually fit between, say, the official #1 and #2 then you should probably assign it [1.5].

I've used this for some short stories that were later combined into the first novel in a series. The novel would be listed as [1] and I've entered the short stories as [0.1] and [0.2] since their publication preceded the novel.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2011, 07:30 PM   #3
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Well, cool! I never tried to force that number!

Thanks!
Jane A is offline   Reply With Quote