Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 06:21 PM   #1
Indycat12
Edge User

Device Registration Issue

When I try to register my edge and the adobe account, I get an error 42 message that says "This device is already registered to another user and cannot be regiesterd again until it is designated as Transferrable." However, when I look at my edge account it says that there are no devices registerd. Any ideas?

Old 12-26-2010, 06:24 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

Welcome to the forums, Indycat12

This suggests someone else had previously registered your eDGe. Ask the person from whom you received it to log into the enTourage Support site and unregister the device.

If you got it direct from a store, etc., then contact enTourage on Monday for assistance (www.entourageedge.com/support).

If you want, you can skip the initial setup wizard to begin exploring your eDGe, although you won't be able to buy/read ebooks or get the latest updated software. You can install and run apps, browse the web, do email, etc., though. See https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...barticleid=197 for details on cancelling the setup wizard.

Last edited by borisb; 12-26-2010 at 06:26 PM.

Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 06:31 PM   #3
Indycat12
Edge User

Thanks Boris,

I was hoping that you would answer, I know the guy that posted Canadian user and he said you were pretty knowledgable. I guess I will call them tomorrow. I thought I had registered it already but the registration information doesn't show up so I thought I would try to reregister it since it wasn't showing under my devices. I am hoping to read my first book and see what I can do with it for my classes.

Thanks!

Old 12-26-2010, 06:34 PM   #4
borisb
Edge User

Hmmm. If somehow you have two accounts at www.entourageedge.com, you may have registered the eDGe with one and are checking the "Registered Devices" page with the other...?

Old 12-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #5
Indycat12
Edge User

Well I talked to Entourage today and it seems there is an issue with my device, they have escalated the help ticket and someone is supposed to call me back.

Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 06:42 PM   #6
Indycat12
Edge User

well it has been 48 hours and no response from teir 2 response yet. Not too impressed.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #7
Indycat12
Edge User

Well it has now been a week and I have not heard from support. Guess the holidays have put them behind. I looked on line today and now it says it is being escalated to Store Support T3. I just wish someone would talk to me and tell me what is going on. Sigh I want to use my entourage!!!

Old 01-03-2011, 04:23 PM   #8
borisb
Edge User

Feel free to call the support telphone number

Old 01-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #9
Indycat12
Edge User

I have been calling the number and all I get is the promise that someone will call me back with 24 to 48 hours. I have been told that twice now and still have not heard from anyone. It seems that the 1-800 number is for Teir 1 support. Once you get past that point you don't get to talk to anyone unless they call you back.

Old 01-16-2011, 01:45 PM   #10
phyllisknight61@gmail.com
Edge User

hi,
I seem to have the same problem that Indycat12 had in Dec. I reset my Edge back to Factory Reset and now it doesn't remember my registration and does not show my device in my dashboard. When i try to re-register, it says it hascalready been registered by another user. but i bought this thing brand new! I too, am waiting on Tech support. Can you tell me what they told you to do?
thanks
phyllis

Old 02-24-2011, 01:47 PM   #11
lenovo
Edge User

Is this still an issue?

I'm planning on selling my device so how should I do this:
Should I do the de-registration before or after I do the factory reset?

Old 02-24-2011, 04:58 PM   #12
borisb
Edge User

Do the de-registration at any time (before or after a factory reset): https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...barticleid=183.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:15 AM   #13
paula-t
Edge User

Hello, Indycat12.

I have received my (used) Edge on Wednesday. I tried to register it and I got the usual message (the device is already registered).
While I sent an email to the person who sold it to me asking him to unregister the device, I also posted a support ticket at Support tab.

Even before my seller replied, a staff called Junie kindly replied asking for my serial number, and offering to transfer the question to Tier 3 Support level.
I replied back with the S/N and in 15 minutes (!!) my EE was ready for fresh registration, and I had to write the seller asking him to forget about the whole thing.

I was amazed at the fast, efficient support. It's the first time in 25 years with computers that I get such a fast action to solve an issue.
So I would suggest that you kindly insist, based on my (and other's) encouraging experiences.

Good luck with your problem.

Paula

Old 03-03-2011, 09:10 AM   #14
borisb
Edge User

enTourage tech support is second to none

Old 03-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #15
Leslie
Edge User

I'm not having such a great time with tech support. I am having the same issues as the original poster I have called twice since Monday and still have not heard back from anyone. I will call again in a couple of hours if I haven't heard from anyone by then since the place who is supposed to call me is only open til 5 pm EST.