Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-21-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
AdamV
*Censored*
AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (brown), Asus DR 900
Cryoburn CD from Baen

Our most beloved Dahak released a most recent CD from the favorite publisher (ehm... Baen Books). It, as promised a while ago, contains entire Vorkosigan Saga by Lois McMaster Bujold!

Believe it or not, it's free ready to download and share!

http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/2...CD/CryoburnCD/

One more time, big-big thanks to Dahak and even bigger to Baen Books for making it available to all of us!

PS. Sorry Dahak if I spoiled your surprise by posting the info...
PS.2. Edit: Forgot to mention the CD also contains tons of interesting material from, about and regarding the author - not to be missed collection!

Last edited by AdamV; 10-21-2010 at 01:26 PM.
AdamV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:02 PM   #2
detayls
Addict
detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Voyage
How do we download the CD? I could find no link to directly download the disk image.
detayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2010, 02:07 PM   #3
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Same problem here...looked at several places but no download of CD...
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:22 PM   #4
Pegster
Devourer of Books
Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T1, Samsung S5
You click on the books listed to the left and download which ever ones you want in whatever format you want. Thank you for posting this and thank you Dahak for the website
Pegster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:24 PM   #5
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Try this link instead

AdamV linked to the "view cd" link, but this one will give you link to download the whole cd

Last edited by queentess; 10-21-2010 at 02:26 PM.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2010, 02:26 PM   #6
AdamV
*Censored*
AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (brown), Asus DR 900
if you want the entire CD it's available here

http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/24-CryoburnCD/

or other Baen CD's are available from here

http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/
AdamV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #7
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Thanks a lot...
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:08 PM   #8
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Alas, I had heard that Memory wasn't available, and it appears to be accurate. I suppose I might have to buy it. Actually I rather should as a way of thanks Baen for making these books available (Though, I already have bought every previous Vorkosigan book except Ethan of Athos in various paper formats....).

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:21 PM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Thanks for the heads up and the links.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:29 PM   #10
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
Alas, I had heard that Memory wasn't available, and it appears to be accurate. I suppose I might have to buy it. Actually I rather should as a way of thanks Baen for making these books available (Though, I already have bought every previous Vorkosigan book except Ethan of Athos in various paper formats....)
It is interesting that "Memory" wasn't part of the CD, as it definitely appears to be part of the Vorkosigan Saga.

But that said, I've already purchased 4 or 5 of these as ebooks and will eventually purchase "Memory". Baen needs all the support they can get for doing "The Right Thing".
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:46 PM   #11
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
It is interesting that "Memory" wasn't part of the CD, as it definitely appears to be part of the Vorkosigan Saga.
Oh it is definitely part of the Vorkosigan Saga. It essentially marks an important period of transition for Miles as he makes the transition from being a young man balancing freedom and responsibility and the full adult who (for the most part) fully accepts the responsibilities that come with his position and birth.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:54 PM   #12
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I've bought all of Bujold's books in paper, but I'm now buying the new ones as ebooks for sheer physical volume reasons. I moved way too many cartons of books. Between volume, convenience, and price, there's no reason for me not to. I just wish a few other SF publishers would get the point.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:23 PM   #13
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
I've got them all bar Cryoburn, with some in both paper and eBook, but this is great. However, reading through the links, it seems that the CD is intended to be distributed to people who buy Cryoburn (although you are then free to copy it and pass it on).

I'll buy Cryoburn anyway, I think, to send some sales revenue to Ms Bujold and Baen, and as a thank you for the e-versions that I don't yet have.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:29 PM   #14
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
I've got them all bar Cryoburn, with some in both paper and eBook, but this is great. However, reading through the links, it seems that the CD is intended to be distributed to people who buy Cryoburn (although you are then free to copy it and pass it on).
Well.. Yes and no.

The CD is distrubuted with the hardbound book and you're free to distribute copies. But Dahak (The Fifth Imperium) is distributing it with full knowledge and approval of Baen.

Last edited by jgaiser; 10-21-2010 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Can't spell...
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:54 PM   #15
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
So which one is the first book?

I found a list at Baen

http://www.baen.com/series_list.asp#VS

But that doesn't seem to help too much, as it lists books that don't seem to be on the download list

Hmmm, so I guess that Cordelia one is the first? A combination of the first two titles?

Last edited by JeremyR; 10-21-2010 at 06:02 PM.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote