Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > EPUBReader

Notices

Old 01-25-2010, 09:45 AM   #1
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
New version 1.2.6 available

The new version is now available at the Mozilla-website: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/45281

Here is what I changed:
  • Support for OPDS catalogs has been added. As first Feedbooks.com and Archive.org (1.5 Million books) catalogs are available.

If you use Calibre2Opds, you can also add your Calibre catalog. Go to the EPUBReader preferences window, tab "Miscellaneous" and enter the URL of your catalog.
  • EPUBReader is now available in six additional languages: Greek, Spanish, French, Lithuanian, Portuguese and Chinese.
  • When ePub-files are saved via the EPUBReader "Save"-buttons, they get now more meaningful names (title, author). This works with all epub-files which are loaded with version 1.2.6.
  • The ePub-Library (which is now called "ePub-Catalog") opens now in a new tab.
  • The font-size of the ePub-content can now be changed on the "Content" tab of the preferences dialog.

As always, please let me know if you experience any problems and for the case you like the new features, I'm also very happy to hear from you .

Last edited by mikelv; 02-07-2010 at 08:41 AM.
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:32 AM   #2
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
Looks great, thanks a lot Michael ! I can't wait to run EPUBReader on a Firefox'd Mac tablet
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:07 PM   #3
Laisvunas
Enthusiast
Laisvunas began at the beginning.

Hi Michael,

Huge thanks for the new version.

Quote:
The font-size of the ePub-content can now be changed.
This feature does not seem to be working either on FF 3.5.7 or on FF 3.6 . I tried to change font size of the content pane using both buttons and preferences dialog.
Laisvunas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:18 PM   #4
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laisvunas View Post
Hi Michael,

Huge thanks for the new version.

This feature does not seem to be working either on FF 3.5.7 or on FF 3.6 . I tried to change font size of the content pane using both buttons and preferences dialog.
Hi Laisvunas, great that you like the new version!

Did you change the font size on the "Content" tab of the preferences dialog? If so, could you please post a link to the epub with which you tried it?

Thanks,
Michael
Old 01-26-2010, 04:15 AM   #5
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Laisvunas,

I'm running FF 3.6 and the font size feature works very well with both the buttons and the preference dialog.

I think I may know why it does not work in your case : I once had this problem with my Sony PRS 505, when I manually edited the CSS file of a Calibre-converted ePub book, and ended up specifying font sizes using points instead of ems...

Maybe that's the problem ?

Cheers,
David.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:41 AM   #6
Laisvunas
Enthusiast

Hi Michael,

Quote:
Did you change the font size on the "Content" tab of the preferences dialog? If so, could you please post a link to the epub with which you tried it?
I tried both clicking Increase font button and changing font size on the "Content" tab of the preferences dialog, but neither worked for Content pane - in it font size remains the same.

I tried to change font size in the books from various sources - from epubbooks.com, from feedbooks.com, archive.org but the result was the same - no change of the font size in Content pane.

As an example of the publication I tried can serve this one:
http://www.epubbooks.com/book/292/vanity-fair
Old 01-26-2010, 05:05 AM   #7
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laisvunas View Post
Hi Michael,

I tried both clicking Increase font button and changing font size on the "Content" tab of the preferences dialog, but neither worked for Content pane - in it font size remains the same.

I tried to change font size in the books from various sources - from epubbooks.com, from feedbooks.com, archive.org but the result was the same - no change of the font size in Content pane.

As an example of the publication I tried can serve this one:
http://www.epubbooks.com/book/292/vanity-fair
I tried the epub you mentioned, it worked for me without problems.

Could you change the fontsize with the buttons in 1.2.5?
Which OS do you use?
Old 01-26-2010, 06:58 AM   #8
Laisvunas
Enthusiast

Hi Michael,

My apologies for incorrect comments.

I misunderstood the sentence

Quote:
The font-size of the ePub-content can now be changed.
as being written about changing font in Table of Contents pane. The new version of the same sentence

Quote:
The font-size of the ePub-content can now be changed on the "Content" tab of the preferences dialog.
will not lead to any misinterpretation even such casual English speakers as me.

So, the feature you introduced works like a charm.

One small suggestion: it would be good if the user when he tries to delete a publication were faced a simple confirm dialog "Do you really want to delete the publication by ... titled ...?" It happened to me a couple of times to accidentally delete a publication by wrongly clicking "Delete" instead of "Save as file" button (they are not far away each other). The publications were free and I quickly restored them, but it seems that any irreversable change should be confirmed by the user.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:16 PM   #9
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
I just noticed that in 1.2.6 my (old) ePub-Catalog bookmark ( chrome://epubreader/content/index.html ) no longer works and I must now use:
Code:
chrome://epubreader/content/catalog.xul
Did this change recently?
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:24 PM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
I just noticed that in 1.2.6 my (old) ePub-Catalog bookmark ( chrome://epubreader/content/index.html ) no longer works and I must now use:
Code:
I had to change that also. I also noticed that the bar between the content and book cannot be moved. It only collapses.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:37 PM   #11
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Code:
Thanks for your feedback!

Sorry, yes the URL of the library page changed. I forgot to change the URL of the bookmark. I'll fix this.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:39 PM   #12
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I had to change that also. I also noticed that the bar between the content and book cannot be moved. It only collapses.
Dale
Thanks for your feedback! Hm, yes, you are right. I'll check and fix this.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:49 PM   #13
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Hi,
Is the feature of choosing font-face available in 1.2.6? I can't find it.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:11 PM   #14
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
Hi,
Is the feature of choosing font-face available in 1.2.6? I can't find it.
Hi Eric! No, font-face choosing is still on the change list. I'll probably add this in the next version.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:06 AM   #15
dpierron
calibre2opds guru

May I make a suggestion ?
If it is possible, I'd like to be able to set a custom CSS that would be applied instead (or better : above) the CSS specified in the ePub file... That's something that can be (and is) done in ADE on the PRS-505, and it changed my life !
And, of course, as another option, specifying the font family (which would probably lead to a EPUBReader-generated CSS stylesheet, in turn used as the custom one would have been, wouldn't it ?)

Anyway, thanks for the hard work on this great plugin !
David.