Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-03-2016, 06:40 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Start at cover

Is there a way to have a Kindle eBook in KF8 open at the cover instead of some page past the cover?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 11:20 PM   #2
DaveFalcon73
Connoisseur
DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Voyage, Kindle PaperWhite
I always find it frustrating too that you can't just admire the cover for a few seconds and have to go back several pages. Unfortunately there's no fix that I am aware of, it's a feature of Kindle ebooks, they take you to the first readable page.
DaveFalcon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 06:04 AM   #3
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I've never found a way around this, and on the rare occasions when a book does open at the cover, it never seems to last long. It will change with the next revision.

What's worse, Amazon has now tweaked Look Inside so that it often does the same thing, and even skips the chapter title. At this moment, the Number One Kindle best seller is https://www.amazon.com/Exhume-Dr-Sch.../dp/B01DYC10PE which exhibits that behavior.

I whined to KDP Support about this and got the reply that the Look Inside sample was behaving as it should. Yet it affects only half my books, and I think a minority of top sellers (cursory survey).
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote