Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-24-2014, 09:36 PM   #46
Bermudagirl
Connoisseur
Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad Mini 4
AnotherCat - Ouch! Actually we haven't had a bad winter and I'll be heading for the beautiful Bermuda in May! And I have never had a deep fried Mars Bar, ever (I seem to remember a major discussion on such things in an episode of QI!) Oh and btw we aren't living in the dark ages you know!

BetterRed - what rock are we talking about? I remember when Greece said they wanted their marbles back we defended our keeping them because anyone can see them for free at the BM whereas you'd have to pay to see them in Greece. I rest my case!
Bermudagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:41 PM   #47
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@BermudaGirl This rock - Stone of Scone rock. When the next English (half German, half Greek) monarch gets crowned they'll slip it under Edwards Coronation Chair and he will sit on it - its a symbol of the subjugation of the Scots by the English - so some say.

Re the so called Elgin Marbles, they were nicked by Thomas Bruce, 7th Earl of Elgin and 11th Earl of Kincardine - a rolled gold Scot if I ever saw one.

Why does England need to have artefacts from the history of other countries, haven't we got enough of our own, we're always digging up dead kings and stuff. The Greek economy would gain more if they were returned to the Parthenon than the English economy would lose - at that's to everyone's benefit. We might be able to delay the next Greek bail out.

It's not just the Euro Zone that does the bailing out, via the IMF everyone does. Including dirt poor countries like Bangladesh, because the money that's used to bail out Greece can't be used to develop Bangladesh. And as long as the EU economy is flatlining because it never stops bailing itself out then the bottoms dropping out of Asia because you lot ain't fulfilling your destiny - which is to go shopping and buy stuff you don't need !

Anyway the Scots nicked them, if you want them then take 'em as a job lot with your rock. Then you can suffer the opprobrium of the global good and the great. I'm sick of 'em.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-24-2014 at 11:44 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:07 AM   #48
Bermudagirl
Connoisseur
Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad Mini 4
BetterRed - I did wonder if you were referring to the Stone of Destiny, but then we did get that back a while ago.
I see where you're going with the Greek economy, but I think they would need more than the Elgin Marbles to delay the next Greek bail out!
Bermudagirl is offline   Reply With Quote