Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-26-2011, 04:40 PM   #1
Stephen_Melling
Stephen_Melling
Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
WOLFKIND, the invisible assassin.

Allow me to promote my novel, WOLFKIND

WOLFKIND

In Los Angeles the question on everyone’s lips… “Who is the Invisible Assassin?” The elusive hit man who has the authorities baffled, the general public intrigued and the local gangland highbrows hiding behind razor wire and hi-tec weaponry.

With the city’s second most powerful crime family slaughtered, Joshua Grenire is pressed into action by his mentor, Max Barlow: hunt and kill the assassin. Though burdened by social inexperience and the crushing responsibility of his mission, he is at the same time buoyed with child-like wonder at the prospect of finally interacting with ordinary people.

Once in L.A. Joshua infiltrates the Durant crime syndicate and acquaints himself with the mobster’s spirited civilian daughter, Genna Delucio. He finds himself breaking one of the rules by falling for the girl. While after nightfall he searches coldly for the assassin, during daylight hours he steals time to explore the simple rites of passage that long-term seclusion has denied him.

In a modern society blood-stained with intolerance and prejudice, street violence and contract killing, Invisible Assassin is a story about love and innocence struggling against the corrupting nature of power.

Good story and good read, well-managed conclusion with all the right things happening in the right order. The characters were fresh and thought-through and although the 'they live among us' notion has been done before, the setup and the back-story were persuasive and felt newly-minted. I really liked the idea of the Wolfkind community living like the Amish or the Moravians, the whole moral-responsibility issue of their attempts to contain their 'virus', and the destructive nature of the religious guilt Barlow uses as a tool. Nice that Barlow did what he did for the best, but harm still came of it... quite a subtle and truthful-feeling outcome.”....... “I was impressed by the ending, which was very sure-footed and, as I've said, hit all the right notes in the right sequence.”

Stephen Gallagher, bestselling author/screenwriter and creator of the hit show THE ELEVENTH HOUR.

Available from Amazon, Smashwords and Barnes and Noble.
Stephen_Melling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
Stephen_Melling
Stephen_Melling
Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Promotional free download for Wolfkind on Smashwords.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Direct Smashwords link: Wolfkind

In Los Angeles the question on everyone’s lips… “Who is the Invisible Assassin?” The elusive hit man who has the authorities baffled, the general public intrigued and the local gangland highbrows hiding behind razor wire and hi-tec weaponry.

With the city’s second most powerful crime family slaughtered, Joshua Grenire is pressed into action by his mentor, Max Barlow: hunt and kill the assassin. Though burdened by social inexperience and the crushing responsibility of his mission, he is at the same time buoyed with child-like wonder at the prospect of finally interacting with ordinary people.

"A good story and a good read..." Stephen Gallagher, bestselling author/screenwriter and creator of the hit show THE ELEVENTH HOUR.

Coupon code for free download: KQ39L

Last edited by Stephen_Melling; 09-10-2011 at 10:37 AM. Reason: typo...
Old 09-10-2011, 05:09 PM   #3
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
Thanks for the code! This sounds like an edge-of-the-seat read!
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #4
Stephen_Melling
Stephen_Melling

Many thanks, nookkatz. I sure hope you enjoy. Feedback has started to trickle in, now. All very gratifying. Wolfkind is still free for another week using coupon number: KQ39L on Smashwords.

Direct Smashwords link: Wolfkind
Old 09-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #5
Stephen_Melling
Stephen_Melling

My novel Wolfkind is now available on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk

Amazon.com Link:Wolfkind Here you can find my first review!

Amazon.co.uk Link:Wolfkind

I hear that reviews are like gold dust...I'm now inclined to believe this!

Many thanks,

Stephen
Old 10-04-2011, 01:25 PM   #6
Stephen_Melling
Stephen_Melling

If you like your fiction fast and fresh, take advantage of the new promotional price of $1.00 for WOLFKIND, the invisible assassin.

Promotional code: HC23P

1st Amazon review at: Amazon.com

"A good story and a good read..." Stephen Gallagher, bestselling author/screenwriter and creator of the hit show THE ELEVENTH HOUR.

Regards

Stephen

Last edited by Stephen_Melling; 10-04-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: corrected promotional code entry...
Old 10-13-2011, 02:05 PM   #7
Stephen_Melling
Stephen_Melling

A big thank you to downloaders of my novel! My cup runneth over... To top this, my daughter started reading Wolfkind on her new Kindle(birthday present). All's good!

If you like your fiction fast and fresh, take advantage of the new promotional price of $1.00 for WOLFKIND, the invisible assassin.

Promotional code: HC23P

1st Amazon review at: Amazon.com

Regards

Stephen
Old 10-27-2011, 05:42 AM   #8
Stephen_Melling
Stephen_Melling

Hallowe'en is just around the corner and my horror novel Wolfkind is still up for a dollar until Bonfire Night using Coupon HC23P.

Wolfkind at Smashwords

Just to add that my daughter finished reading Wolfkind on her new Kindle a few days ago. Her frequent questions and unwavering enthusiasm throughout the reading has for me rekindled(aye)the mindset I experienced writing the first draft. I never knew how much I'd put into it until I saw what she got out of it. Sweet.

Happy Hallowe'en to all
Old 11-03-2011, 04:46 PM   #9
Stephen_Melling
Stephen_Melling

Wolfkind, Free to download through November.

Smashwords Link:

Coupon Code: DJ55T

My regards...

Review:

“Good story and good read, well-managed conclusion with all the right things happening in the right order. The characters were fresh and thought-through and although the 'they live among us' notion has been done before, the setup and the back-story were persuasive and felt newly-minted. I really liked the idea of the Wolfkind community living like the Amish or the Moravians, the whole moral-responsibility issue of their attempts to contain their 'virus', and the destructive nature of the religious guilt Barlow uses as a tool. Nice that Barlow did what he did for the best, but harm still came of it... quite a subtle and truthful-feeling outcome.”....... “I was impressed by the ending, which was very sure-footed and, as I've said, hit all the right notes in the right sequence.”

Stephen Gallagher, best selling author of White Bizango, Red. Red Robin and The Boat House.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:22 PM   #10
OneandonlyDoc
Fearless Writer
OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Downloaded and added to my to-read list.
OneandonlyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:19 PM   #11
Stephen_Melling
Stephen_Melling

Many thanks, OneandonlyDoc!

Wolfkind, Last week for free download.

Smashwords Link:

Coupon Code: DJ55T

My regards...

Review:

“Good story and good read, well-managed conclusion with all the right things happening in the right order. The characters were fresh and thought-through and although the 'they live among us' notion has been done before, the setup and the back-story were persuasive and felt newly-minted. I really liked the idea of the Wolfkind community living like the Amish or the Moravians, the whole moral-responsibility issue of their attempts to contain their 'virus', and the destructive nature of the religious guilt Barlow uses as a tool. Nice that Barlow did what he did for the best, but harm still came of it... quite a subtle and truthful-feeling outcome.”....... “I was impressed by the ending, which was very sure-footed and, as I've said, hit all the right notes in the right sequence.”

Stephen Gallagher, best selling author of White Bizango, Red. Red Robin and The Boat House. Creator of hit TV Show 'The Eleventh Hour'
Old 12-29-2011, 05:50 AM   #12
Stephen_Melling
Stephen_Melling

Wishing one and all seasonal cheer and free downloads of my novel

Smashwords Link:

Free Coupon Code: GX59L

Review:

Stephen Gallagher, best selling author of White Bizango, Red. Red Robin and The Boat House. Creator of hit TV Show 'The Eleventh Hour'

Last edited by Stephen_Melling; 12-29-2011 at 05:50 AM. Reason: sp.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #13
Stephen_Melling
Stephen_Melling

Free Amazon.com download of my novel WOLFKIND

Review:

DOWNLOAD LINK:

Amazon.com

Last edited by Stephen_Melling; 01-27-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #14
Stephen_Melling
Stephen_Melling

Big thanks to the 1000 plus readers who downloaded WOLFKIND during its free promotional period. (I would greatly appreciate any reviews!!!)

Still available at discounted rate at AMAZON.COM

WOLFKIND

“Good story and good read, well-managed conclusion with all the right things happening in the right order. The characters were fresh and thought-through and although the 'they live among us' notion has been done before, the setup and the back-story were persuasive and felt newly-minted. I really liked the idea of the Wolfkind community living like the Amish or the Moravians, the whole moral-responsibility issue of their attempts to contain their 'virus', and the destructive nature of the religious guilt Barlow uses as a tool. Nice that Barlow did what he did for the best, but harm still came of it... quite a subtle and truthful-feeling outcome...I was impressed by the ending, which was very sure-footed and hit all the right notes in the right sequence.”

Stephen Gallagher, best selling author of White Bizango, Red. Red Robin and creator of the hit TV show, The Eleventh Hour.

My best,

Stephen Melling
Old 04-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #15
Stephen_Melling
Stephen_Melling

I'm very, very excited that readers outside of the US and UK have been downloading my novel WOLFKIND. My slowly expanding download map now includes both Italy and Germany. Still no further reviews as yet, but I'll admit I'm not too upset - a fellow writer assured me reviews were like gold dust.

WOLFKIND is available still at AMAZON.COM

WOLFKIND LINK

Many thanks,

Stephen Melling