Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-05-2021, 12:43 PM   #16
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Well my wife had hinted she wanted a new eReader for her birthday so I bit the bullet over breakfast and pre-ordered a Sage and sleep cover for her. Her birthday is a week after the release date so with any luck....

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 01:00 PM   #17
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
No thinner screen part anymore. Now the thickness is uniform.

I'm not interested for this very reason.
Oh, this actually increases my interest!
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2021, 01:33 PM   #18
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Heavier and thicker. Passsssss.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 01:46 PM   #19
bookyboy
Addict
bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Major bummer that the Libra got heavier

That is the opposite of what I like to see on devices like these
bookyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 02:22 PM   #20
clairvoyant
clairvoyant began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
How's this in comparison with Libra H20 on paper?

I'm on my way to replace Paperwhite for Kobo during Black Friday. I reckon I might get H20 for €150 and Libra 2 is currently selling at €190 here. I don't care much for audio since I'm using my phone for audiobooks but I'm having difficulties to figure out how they differ.

USB-C is nice but probably not worth €40.

Last edited by clairvoyant; 10-05-2021 at 02:26 PM.
clairvoyant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2021, 02:28 PM   #21
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by clairvoyant View Post

I'm on my way to replace Paperwhite for Kobo during Black Friday. I reckon I might get H20 for €150 and Libra 2 is currently selling at €190 here. I don't care much for audio since I'm using my phone for audiobooks but I'm having difficulties to figure out how they differ.
The new Libra is a bit thicker and heavier, but has (supposedly, as we've not seen one yet) a slightly better screen quality (the resolution and size are the same), 32GB storage (vs 8GB on the old Libra), Bluetooth and USB-C. The processor seems to be the same.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 02:29 PM   #22
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
Quote:

To be confirmed, but the update for the Libra is really underwhelming.

it has 32GB but 8GB seems enough for your use.
The screen might slightly be better, but to be confirmed.
The new one is heavier, and has USB-C (if it matters for you)
The processor seems to be the same, which in 2021 is really a shame
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 02:43 PM   #23
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Most wifi chips also do bluetooth.
Hence the question mark - it was a complete and utter guess, backed up only by decades of profound tech ignorance.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 02:52 PM   #24
clairvoyant
clairvoyant began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you both. Maybe the real update is in Sage due to its new processor but it comes with quite a hefty price tag and I reckon it's aimed at a different audience with stylus.
clairvoyant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 02:59 PM   #25
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Thank you both. Maybe the real update is in Sage due to its new processor but it comes with quite a hefty price tag and I reckon it's aimed at a different audience with stylus.
My country's website has adjusted the price it shows for the Sage. It is now exactly the same price as the Forma was here. And since the stylus is optional, that means paying the same price for a better-spec'd reader. Albeit heavier
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 03:30 PM   #26
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
My country's website has adjusted the price it shows for the Sage. It is now exactly the same price as the Forma was here. And since the stylus is optional, that means paying the same price for a better-spec'd reader. Albeit heavier
However, the sage has a pretty weak battery, which can be extended with the power cover.
And then the sage nearly reaches the price of the Elipsa (with stylus).
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 03:55 PM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
Now this is what I was hoping for earlier this year. Very much looking forward to people's opinions. The Libra was plagued with an unevenness to its display, so I'm hoping that's resolved with the Libra 2.
The Libra H2O was fixed so the light was even.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 03:56 PM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
the portability of the 6" ereader seems to have been abandoned by both Amazon and Kobo in favour of the larger devices/screens. for my own personnel preference the PocketBook Touch Lux 5 appears to be the best option if i want the ComfortLight PRO with expandable storage.

best wishes koboy
I have an H2O at 6.8" and it's very much portable.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 03:57 PM   #29
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Yes, the Sage is the bigger upgrade compared to its predecessor, the Forma. More storage, more powerful CPU, and between the switch to Carta 1200 and dropping mobius (if Jon is correct that möbius was worse for contrast and speed) I’d be surprised if the Sage doesn’t out perform the Forma.

Only thing I’d be worried over would be the battery life compared to the other however if the Sage can last a day of reading I’m ok with that since it’d get me to the point I could charge it. Thus far I’ve found ereaders outlast my ability to stay awake on a single charge most of the time. So this isn’t a very big worry, especially with the optional power cover.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 04:41 PM   #30
monic39
monic39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monic39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monic39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monic39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monic39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monic39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monic39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monic39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monic39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monic39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monic39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo H2o 1st + 2, kindle paperwhite 2015
wont't buy either of them. The increased weight is a no go for me. I have the Forma and the libra and very happy with them because they are so lightweight for my arthritis. The only thing I don't like about the current Forma is the on/off button.
monic39 is offline   Reply With Quote