Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 09-10-2015, 03:33 AM   #1
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
Boyue T63/Shine update (sort of)

There's been no news of this since its original (somewhat ambiguous) announcement back in June, so I decided to email Boyue about it asking if there was any further information about it (e.g. release date or specs) available.

The response I got back was clearly from someone for who English is not their first language, and was that nothing will be forthcoming until October (whether that will be the release, or just an announcement, is unclear).

Somebody who's a potential retailer or distributor might get more information than this potential end-buyer.

I'm still looking at it as the likely best opportunity to get the latest technology in an open-system ereader.
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:17 PM   #2
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Thanks. I just did another Google search a few days ago with disappointing results. I missed the T62+ at Banggood and have been waiting for the T63.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2015, 11:54 PM   #3
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Thanks. I just did another Google search a few days ago with disappointing results. I missed the T62+ at Banggood and have been waiting for the T63.
AFAIK, they're still selling through TMall (you might need to confirm that the T62 model on sale is actually the T62+), but that generally means using a TMall agent (like this one or this one) to make payment and reship (I did this when I bought my i62HD three years ago).
Old 09-12-2015, 10:58 AM   #4
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrafn View Post
AFAIK, they're still selling through TMall (you might need to confirm that the T62 model on sale is actually the T62+), but that generally means using a TMall agent (like this one or this one) to make payment and reship (I did this when I bought my i62HD three years ago).
Since I have been waiting this long, I might ad well keep waiting for the T63.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:23 PM   #5
pikapi
pikapi began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Ridibooks Paper (http://paper.ridibooks.com/Intro) was launched already in Korea, is seen as customized T63.
http://www.ddaily.co.kr/news/article.html?no=135282
pikapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2015, 11:57 AM   #6
Hrafn
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikapi View Post
Ridibooks Paper (http://paper.ridibooks.com/Intro) was launched already in Korea, is seen as customized T63.
http://www.ddaily.co.kr/news/article.html?no=135282
The article appears to be talking about two or three different eReaders, and it's not clear from auto-translate which info is for which.

Ridibooks Paper video here:

Last edited by Hrafn; 10-07-2015 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:35 AM   #7
helen19770707
Connoisseur
helen19770707 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx C67 kindle Onyx Note
In Korea ereader forum, RIDIBOOKS 300ppi flat screen model has so many disaster quality problem! That is Boyue new product.....
helen19770707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:52 AM   #8
helen19770707
Connoisseur
helen19770707 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx C67 kindle Onyx Note
ridibooks..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Finish_broken1.jpg
Views:	1559
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	142990

Name:	EPD_scratch2.jpg
Views:	1447
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	142991

Name:	EPD_scratch3.jpeg
Views:	1435
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	142992

Name:	EPD(212)_ghost.jpg
Views:	1591
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	142993

Name:	EPD_scratch1.jpg
Views:	1437
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	142994

Last edited by helen19770707; 10-20-2015 at 08:56 AM. Reason: It's a disater!
helen19770707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 10:20 AM   #9
hob
Connoisseur
hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: none
@helen19770707

Has anyone posted the contents of the build.prop file of this device there?

It's a text file that could be found under the root directory ./system/ on Android OS.
hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 10:04 AM   #10
jaypark
jaypark began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hob View Post
@helen19770707

Has anyone posted the contents of the build.prop file of this device there?

It's a text file that could be found under the root directory ./system/ on Android OS.
attached build.prop.
Attached Files
File Type: txt build.prop.txt (3.4 KB, 1457 views)

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-06-2015 at 06:15 AM.
jaypark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:54 PM   #11
Hrafn
Fanatic

As October has come and gone, I followed up with Boyue. Their response was:

Quote:
Our brand not ready yet for this model. but we already make OEM for our overseas custom....
Old 11-28-2015, 10:25 PM   #12
Hrafn
Fanatic

We have a report of an (unfortunately DOA) Ridibook Paper on the comments to this post.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:06 PM   #13
jaypark
jaypark began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrafn View Post
We have a report of an (unfortunately DOA) Ridibook Paper on the comments to this post.
Actually, that's not a DOA.
He tried to remove Ridibooks Paper from 'cover case', not 'original packaging case'. (I saw he's post in Naver ebook cafe(forum).)
That official cover case is rather too tight and there's other reports of opened up body while removing cover case too.

[Links to ROM images removed - didn't seem to be an official site. The Mods.]

Last edited by pdurrant; 11-30-2015 at 06:42 AM.
jaypark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:04 PM   #14
Hrafn
Fanatic

Whether it was in transit, or taking off the cover, it seems to imply a poorly designed chassis if it comes apart this easily. I think I'll hold off until Boyue gets past such 'teething problems' in their new chassis design.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:51 AM   #15
Hrafn
Fanatic

Quick followup: I asked Boyue again about the release date for the T63. They replied:
Quote:
We are planning to have Boyue brand 300 DPI model in end of May..