Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-14-2019, 05:03 AM   #42406
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 4
We just got an email from our lawyer, the judge has decided to postpone the ruling until some time in February 2020.

My father wants to think about this for a little while. But he's going to call our lawyer later today and discuss if there's a way to get a ruling sooner.

Maybe more later.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 06:56 AM   #42407
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Just finished my 5am workout and cleanup. Sipping coffee before a day at the office of trial prep and client calls.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 08:56 AM   #42408
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
We just got an email from our lawyer, the judge has decided to postpone the ruling until some time in February 2020.

My father wants to think about this for a little while. But he's going to call our lawyer later today and discuss if there's a way to get a ruling sooner.

Maybe more later.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Oh, no!

Wow, this is nuts.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:12 AM   #42409
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Oh, no!

Wow, this is nuts.

Hitch
Yep, no reason given why there is a delay. Our lawyer wasn't at the office when my father called, buat knowing her she'll call back as soon as she can.

If the judge passes a verdict in February and it is to our advantage my uncle has 3 months to appeal. Although this appeal will cost him at least €10000 plus the costs of a specialized attorney. Also, that appeal will not look at the judgement, but only if the judge made any mistakes.

The only positive thing is that it gives my parents more time to save up money.
Old 08-15-2019, 02:57 AM   #42410
Rumpelteazer
Wizard

Yesterday our lawyer called back. Her educated guess is that the delay of six months is due to the backlog in cases at the court. She also advised against letting the court know that we would appreciate it if they get a move on. It might work against us even. So all we can do is wait.

Last night I treated myself to some retail therapy and ordered a lot of jewelry making supplies. Most of it was on sale and most of it was meant for projects I have in mind. Hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow (it should, but delivery isn't that good at the moment) and I can get back into a creative mood this weekend.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:51 PM   #42411
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Just finished saving a little old lady from eviction in court. Preparing now to sue the pants off of the gross landlord.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 02:38 PM   #42412
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Just finished saving a little old lady from eviction in court. Preparing now to sue the pants off of the gross landlord.
Nice to have some good news to counter the forever-pending news!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 03:10 PM   #42413
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Microsoft Surface Pro 3
Just mailed in my jury duty questionnaire. The last time I served on a jury was only two years ago. My wife has never even gotten a questionnaire, much less served.

I'm thinking their process for jury pool selection needs looking at.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 06:21 PM   #42414
trichobezoar
Pi, Cacti & Stimuli
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
That's awesome, astrangerhere! I hope you celebrate the verdict... I admire what you do.

In the process of listening to chapter 3 of The Power of Now. The information is a bit difficult to process through, but it's well worth the effort. I know it's one of those audiobooks I'll listen to over and over again. Previously I was transferring files to and from a beat-up tablet. The screen is massively cracked; it works nonetheless. Considering... That tablet is a die-hard.
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:59 PM   #42415
binaryhermit
Guru
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd gen, Kindle Keyboard with 3g
Streaming Idiocracy from Hulu
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:01 AM   #42416
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
Streaming Idiocracy from Hulu
Y'know, that's a movie that had a fantastic title and concept and lousy, annoying execution. I mean, the idea that the current idiot is supposed to be a relative genius, to the ever-dumber populace (who knew how prescient that would become????) was clever, but I never finished it, I don't think.

There's just "too dumb" for many movies and that one was at the top of the list, ironically (given it's a bunch of people whom arguably think that they, themselves, are quite smart, snarking about how dumb the general populace is and is becoming...you'd think that they'd have tried to avoid falling into the "too stupid to watch" trap.)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:30 AM   #42417
Rumpelteazer
Wizard

A typical Sunday of pottering about. I have to do my laundry and clean the litterbox upstairs. But after that I plan to first do some jewelry making and after that I'm going to read.

Meanwhile I'm trying to decide whether to get the dark brown or the crazy horse brown cover for my notebook.
Old 08-18-2019, 06:11 AM   #42418
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Sorting and cutting wood from the old woodshed, in anticipation of the new woodshed.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:35 PM   #42419
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Right now I'm noticing that the sun is setting earlier these days.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:43 PM   #42420
trichobezoar
Pi, Cacti & Stimuli
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
'Just finished rewatching the series finale of The Americans on Amazon Prime. Excellent show... I can't believe Season 6 was the last season. I've been waiting a whole year for Season 7!
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?