Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-04-2019, 09:42 PM   #33136
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I was just at the supermarket and saw one of my cousins (the son of the uncle we're having legal problems with). I said hello, not intending to say more than that, and he totally ignored me.

Does it surprise me? Not in the least, especially after his sister also ignored me during a get together in January. It's strange, when we scattered my grandmother's ashes a couple of years ago everyone got on well and now my uncle's kids seem to hate us.

I had already heard there was some drama about a cousins get together in September, I had already decided not to go. In June a daughter of my aunt invited all family to her place and my uncle's kids never let her know whether or not they would come (they didn't). So I think my aunts daughters are also fed up with them.

I'm not going to force contact. It's now up to them if they want any contact with me, which I doubt they want. However, if they want to have contact it doesn't mean I want to, at that time I will see how I feel. If they would contact me now I would friendly but firmly let them know that after the way they've treated me I feel no need to let them into my life.
Well, someday, when you win the lottery, you can profoundly ignore them. :-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 01:26 AM   #33137
binaryhermit
Guru
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd gen, Kindle Keyboard with 3g
Err... Yeah, whoops, wrong thread
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 03:47 PM   #33138
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Well, someday, when you win the lottery, you can profoundly ignore them. :-)

Hitch
Yesterday my sister was over for dinner and asked if I wasn't anxious to go to that supermarket again. I'm really not, which is a surprise to myself. If I see him again I'll just greet him, even if he ignores me. Because I know that if I ignore him they'll have more reason to hate us. I also know from experience that when your nice to bullies (which is what he was when he was younger) it annoys and confuses them.

I think that after yesterday I don't really consider them family anymore. I also realized that because of this whole Family Thing I have a hard time thinking of all the good times I had with my grandparents. The overshadowing idea of them promising they would arrange things in their will and then didn't is the cause of this whole mess. I really hate my uncle even more for exploiting it and thus tainting my memories of my grandparents.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:04 PM   #33139
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I think that after yesterday I don't really consider them family anymore. I also realized that because of this whole Family Thing I have a hard time thinking of all the good times I had with my grandparents. The overshadowing idea of them promising they would arrange things in their will and then didn't is the cause of this whole mess. I really hate my uncle even more for exploiting it and thus tainting my memories of my grandparents.
Yeah--this is what always happens when people do not follow-up with a proper will. Even in their 60s, for crying out loud; people drop dead all the damn time. As fearful as people are, of dying and all that, is it really better to think of your relatives fighting over your estate, or butthurtness because you forgot to give that vase (you promised) to Aunty Susan?

Hitch
Old 08-06-2019, 09:03 AM   #33140
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In one week the judge is set to make his verdict in the Family Thing. However, I think there's a higher chance that there won't be a verdict. That the judge wants everyone to come to court again, or he wants more information or documents or it is postponed for another reason.

Needless to say things are getting tense at home.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:01 PM   #33141
trichobezoar
Pi, Cacti & Stimuli
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Me: Be honest with me--be brutally honest/blunt. Does my haircut look bad?

Wally: (After a moment's pause) It's not terrific, it's not great. It's not hideous either.

*walking across campus, taking bus home, looking in mirror*

Me: It's hideous. I look like a disturbed Dora the Explorer; like I cut my hair with a machete!

Last edited by trichobezoar; 08-11-2019 at 12:09 PM.
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 01:03 PM   #33142
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
In one week the judge is set to make his verdict in the Family Thing. However, I think there's a higher chance that there won't be a verdict. That the judge wants everyone to come to court again, or he wants more information or documents or it is postponed for another reason.

I'll bet. Fingers crossed, Rumple!

Hitch
Old 08-11-2019, 01:59 PM   #33143
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:

Seems like this has been going on a long time! I hope it's sorted soon and in your favour.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 02:19 PM   #33144
Rumpelteazer
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Seems like this has been going on a long time! I hope it's sorted soon and in your favour.
It's been going on for just over six years now. Which is way too long. My life has been basically on hold for that long, same for my parents. The only positive thing is that my parents manage to save up a nice sum for when/if they can buy the house, having to lends less is a good thing.
Old 08-14-2019, 10:57 AM   #33145
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo WiFi, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Acer 10'' Tablet
*Looks at all the stuff for my annual cardiology junk tomorrow* If I am fit enough to make all these tests and appointments on time and survive not having breakfast and not having lunch until after 1:30 pm, maybe I don't need them... UGH! It is going to be grueling.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 03:41 PM   #33146
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Amen to that thought. Both the "maybe I don't need it" and also the "Ugh, grueling" ....
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 03:56 PM   #33147
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2018 iPad Pro 12.9", KO2
Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
*Looks at all the stuff for my annual cardiology junk tomorrow* If I am fit enough to make all these tests and appointments on time and survive not having breakfast and not having lunch until after 1:30 pm, maybe I don't need them... UGH! It is going to be grueling.
The "not eating" part of so many tests is tough. Sorry you have to go though it.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 03:15 PM   #33148
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 10th Gen Paperwhite, Oasis, Voyage, original Paperwhite, Fire HD 8
I am extremely grateful that our local clinic saves the 8AM - 9AM slots for those of us who have a fasting test. Yes, it means getting out of the house early, but at least I don't have to go half the day without breakfast and my COFFEE!
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:18 AM   #33149
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim, PRS350/650, PB Touch Lux 623, Paperwhite, Voyage, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I am extremely grateful that our local clinic saves the 8AM - 9AM slots for those of us who have a fasting test. Yes, it means getting out of the house early, but at least I don't have to go half the day without breakfast and my COFFEE!
It's sort of the opposite for me. My doctor will NOT do a physical (because of the fasting blood tests) after 9:00 AM. So people like me who work second shift, and don't normally wake up before 10:30 AM, are forced to get up hours before they normally would.

I've asked, and they just refuse to do them any later than 9.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:02 AM   #33150
cc_in_oh
Addict
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
It's sort of the opposite for me. My doctor will NOT do a physical (because of the fasting blood tests) after 9:00 AM. So people like me who work second shift, and don't normally wake up before 10:30 AM, are forced to get up hours before they normally would.

I've asked, and they just refuse to do them any later than 9.
We always get blood work done in advance so we can go over results during physicals. (It also makes it easier to fudge our glucose and cholesterol numbers a bit).
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness