Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-05-2018, 03:01 PM   #1636
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
The Safe Food Handbook: How to Make Smart Choices About Risky Food - $1.99
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004M18M6M
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:19 PM   #1637
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Out of an abundance of stupidity, I decided to do a more-or-less random check of more-or-less ten of the ebooks to see if any of them is available in the U.S. I found only one--it is $!3.19 Ack!

That's too bad, because it appears that most of the books are about ethnic (ethnic to Americans, not necessarily to the Brits) foods, and I love ethnic foods.

Congratulations to those of you across the Pond for having such a huge selection of seemingly high-quality ebooks at rock-bottom prices. Ethics, morality, and the rules prohibit me from congratulating American MobileReaders who "somehow" have U.K. addresses while being citizens of the U.S. living in the U.S.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 11-05-2018 at 09:22 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:10 PM   #1638
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
I must admit 99p is a really great price. As a consolation prize, I noticed, as in the Nook app just pushed a notification to my phone (grr, got to turn that off*), that Barnes and Noble is having a Harvest Sale on cookbooks with prices from $1.99 to $3.99. A few of them are for ethnic foods, too. I haven't checked, but I presume most of them are also on sale at Amazon and Kobo, and as usual, if they're not on sale at Kobo, you can price match them for store credit which brings the effective price at Kobo to 10% lower than at B&N. The B&N Harvest sale includes other categories too, but I was just paying attention to the cookbooks.

*It's not B&N in particular, I just hate phone apps that push notifications at me, even though in this case I might just want some of them.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 01:00 PM   #1639
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lemon: Teach Me Everything I Need To Know About Lemon In 30 Minutes - free
https://www.amazon.com/Lemon-Everyth...dp/B00OWLK8KA/

The Honey Solution - free
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MWHG8IW
Old 11-12-2018, 07:30 PM   #1640
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Free

Vegetarian Slow Cooker Cookbook: Over 75 recipes for meals, soups, stews, desserts, and sides by Susan Evans

contains over 75 vegetarian recipes for mouth-watering main dishes, savory soups and stews, delicious sides, and decadent desserts that are sure to satisfy.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01914QX4C

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01914QX4C

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01914QX4C
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:51 AM   #1641
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Excellent homemade bread - free
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NCV8DMH
Old 11-14-2018, 04:45 PM   #1642
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

The Lectin Free Cookbook - free
https://www.amazon.com/Lectin-Free-C...dp/B07GNY5WQR/
Old 11-15-2018, 11:15 PM   #1643
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This one's for GtrsRGr8, who was disappointed in missing out on the 99p cookbook sale over at Amazon UK. I just noticed that some of the publishers appear to have the same ebooks on sale for 99 cents, which is even cheaper than 99p!

Mitchell Beazley at Amazon US and Mitchell Beazley at Kobo US

Weidenfeld & Nicolson at Kobo US

Hodder & Stoughton at Kobo US

Kyle Books at Kobo US

It may be that all of these publisher have the same books on sale at Amazon, but I had difficulty coming up with queries that found any of their books.

Last edited by bgalbrecht; 11-16-2018 at 12:13 AM.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:10 AM   #1644
bgalbrecht
Wizard

My guess is that these cookbooks are all on par with the Adams Media 50 Best Recipes series, but there's a British cookbook series "Hamlyn All Colour" ... Cookbooks, that is mostly $0.99, $1.99, or $2.99. It looks like every recipe has a colour (because it's British!) photograph of what it should look like, and each cookbook has 200 recipes.

Amazon US Kobo US
Old 11-21-2018, 03:06 PM   #1645
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

35 Chinese Chicken Recipes - free
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008UC43BM
Old 11-22-2018, 12:52 AM   #1646
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
This one's for GtrsRGr8, who was disappointed in missing out on the 99p cookbook sale over at Amazon UK. I just noticed that some of the publishers appear to have the same ebooks on sale for 99 cents, which is even cheaper than 99p!

Mitchell Beazley at Amazon US and Mitchell Beazley at Kobo US

Weidenfeld & Nicolson at Kobo US

Hodder & Stoughton at Kobo US

Kyle Books at Kobo US

It may be that all of these publisher have the same books on sale at Amazon, but I had difficulty coming up with queries that found any of their books.
Thanks for keeping me in mind.

So far it appears that all but the Mitchell Beazley and Straight Up titles are samplers. However, that first line of your first post is the only one that I've checked yet. I found "sampler" written somewhere on those cookbooks, except for one teaser, which I decided was a sampler because it has only 43 pages.

Not to seem ungrateful, because I appreciate your post. And I don't know about the cookbooks, yet, beneath that first line--some or all of them may be complete editions.

Besides, there will be recipes in the sampler part of the ebooks. I'm tempted to just print them out and file them, like they did in the Stone Age. And I've been wanting a new color printer, anyway--a little, tiny part failed after about 100 pages, maybe less, in the old one, and a new part from Canon was going to cost about the same as I paid for the entire printer!

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 11-22-2018 at 12:54 AM.
Old 11-22-2018, 03:51 PM   #1647
bgalbrecht
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Thanks for keeping me in mind.

So far it appears that all but the Mitchell Beazley and Straight Up titles are samplers. However, that first line of your first post is the only one that I've checked yet. I found "sampler" written somewhere on those cookbooks, except for one teaser, which I decided was a sampler because it has only 43 pages.

Not to seem ungrateful, because I appreciate your post. And I don't know about the cookbooks, yet, beneath that first line--some or all of them may be complete editions.

Besides, there will be recipes in the sampler part of the ebooks. I'm tempted to just print them out and file them, like they did in the Stone Age. And I've been wanting a new color printer, anyway--a little, tiny part failed after about 100 pages, maybe less, in the old one, and a new part from Canon was going to cost about the same as I paid for the entire printer!
I buy most of my books from Kobo, and none of the ones I bought were samplers. The Beazley Amazon link does show several samplers, but once you look at the ones starting at Casablanca: My Moroccan Food, they're all full cookbooks, at least 150+ pages. I don't know why the 99 cent books start half-way down the page, after some $2.99 and $3.99 books at the Amazon link, must be their advertised books. And the first book over at the Kyle books link, The Indian Cooking Course, Amazon says is 996 pages.

Last edited by bgalbrecht; 11-22-2018 at 03:54 PM.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:10 PM   #1648
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
I buy most of my books from Kobo, and none of the ones I bought were samplers. The Beazley Amazon link does show several samplers, but once you look at the ones starting at Casablanca: My Moroccan Food, they're all full cookbooks, at least 150+ pages. I don't know why the 99 cent books start half-way down the page, after some $2.99 and $3.99 books at the Amazon link, must be their advertised books. And the first book over at the Kyle books link, The Indian Cooking Course, Amazon says is 996 pages.
Thanks for the heads up.

I was in a little bit of a rush, and didn't examine things, even at Amazon, closely enough (that's why I could only speak about the first line of Amazon's list).

I'll check again. In fact, I'll do it as soon as I end this post--I don't want the deals to slip by.

The Indian cookbook is a godsend. I love Indian food, but where I live, there are no Indian restaurants (even though this town is fairly good-sized--some might even consider it a small city). I've resigned myself to learning how to cook it for myself--I can't make a 45-mile trip to the nearest Indian restaurant every time that I get "a' hankerin" for it.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 11-22-2018 at 07:25 PM.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:42 PM   #1649
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Here's a free wok cookbook, at Amazon, that might have gotten misplaced (I didn't check to see who the publisher is).

I'll check Kobo for the price, too.

I wish that I could take the time to vet all of the books (except for the free ones--I'll take my chances on those. ), especially by checking the ratings, and then the reviews if the ratings look iffy.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:46 PM   #1650
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, it is free at Kobo, too. In fact, all of the ones on that page are free, too. I didn't check the following pages.

Linky to the first page of free ones.