Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-15-2011, 09:24 AM   #1
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Filemaker Pro - Mac

Anyone use Filemaker Pro? What version? Is it working with Lion?
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
re: Lion compatibility
Do you have v.11?
http://help.filemaker.com/app/answer...R1MkNCaw%3D%3D

v.10?
http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9710

I used to use Filemaker extensively, but haven't in a while-something like Bento would probably be more than enough for my relatively minor database needs these days.

(When did databases fall out of favor? They used to be THE essential software back in the day)
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #3
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post

I used to use Filemaker extensively, but haven't in a while-something like Bento would probably be more than enough for my relatively minor database needs these days.
I used Filemaker for many years up until Bento came out. I switched over and it works fine for my needs. And syncs with all my iThings, too.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:32 PM   #4
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No... I'm way..... back! 9.0v1 - I have Advanced because I wanted to created some "stand alone" "apps" (runtime solutions for Mac and Windows). I guess I'll just switch to Bento as they want over $200 for upgrade.

I'm actually using 9.0v1 with Lion and so far no issues.... I'm asking because I saw on other forums that a FMP update for Lion is not available yet. (yet mine runs ok)
Old 08-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #5
1611mac
eWanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
Do you have v.11?
http://help.filemaker.com/app/answer...R1MkNCaw%3D%3D

v.10?
http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9710

(When did databases fall out of favor? They used to be THE essential software back in the day)
Thanks for the links. I had actually seen some of this but when my FMP worked in Lion I got to wondering what features won't work, etc. So far my db's are working ok under Lion. But my stuff is pretty simple.