Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 12-13-2019, 11:08 AM   #1
MaienM
MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Cannot edit own posts

It seems I am not able to edit my own posts. I've been told the edit button is supposed to be next to the quote button, but it's not there for me. Perhaps I've not posted enough yet? Can this be enabled for me, or am I just going to have to message a moderator if I want to release a new version of my plugin for now?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-12-13-165846_894x990_scrot.png
Views:	248
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	175576  
MaienM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 12:19 PM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
You're right; it's a function of insufficient posts.

I've taken a look at the controls, and it's not the same one that keeps people from using the PM service. I'm not positive what would have to be changed.

In the meantime, perhaps you could respond to your own post with the updated version? This would have the side benefit of increasing your post count.

I'm sorry I couldn't fix this for you on the spot.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2019, 03:43 AM   #3
MaienM
MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!

Do you have any idea of what the threshold is? Here's hoping I'm not too far away from it! (One closer now, in any case.)

I suppose I will do that for now, yes. Thanks for looking into this for me.

Edit: Oh look at that, I can edit this one, but not any of the existing ones. That's interesting.

Last edited by MaienM; 12-14-2019 at 03:44 AM. Reason: I can edit now! Kinda.
Old 12-14-2019, 03:53 AM   #4
MaienM

I just posted a reply to this and I noticed that it appeared immediately, and I could edit it, but not any of my other posts. I promptly edited it, and now it's gone? Did it go back to an approval queue due to the edit? The plot thickens (and my post count increases). Apologies for the (potential) double post.
Old 12-14-2019, 06:30 AM   #5
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
It's all too much for me!

I'm guessing that ten posts is the threshold. If you go to the Lounge forum, there are several nonsense threads you could use to boost your post count, if you'd like to move things along.

The disappearing edit results from spam controls on new members, as frequently a spammer will post an innocuous post and then go back and edit in the spam link, which is why your post retroactively went into moderation.

The other thing to watch out going forward is that everyone has limits on how many posts they can edit at once, but it's short - an hour? - and then it's available again.

No worries on double-posting. It's a nice courtesy to observe, but we don't prohibit it as we do cross-posting. If double posts get the job done, have at it!

Hang in there.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert