Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Portable Audio/Video

Notices

Old 03-14-2005, 10:03 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Video Glasses Display for Just $500

Want to watch video in a pair of glasses, but get a large screen effect? This technology has been around for a while now, but hasn't really gained much traction with portable video fans. You can get a pair with just $500 from multiple vendors.

I wonder -- has anyone tried or owned one of these things? Isn't there a video output on the Dell x50v PPC?? What a neat combination that would be for portable video. Well, as long as no one else needs to see the screen!

Here's a few sites with related products...
http://www.eyetop.net/products/centra/
http://www.i-glassesstore.com/ (and http://iglasses.weirdoz.org/)
I-glasses advertises an 800x600 resolution which looks like a virtual Image size of 70" at 13' away.
http://www.4hiddenspycameras.com/eyeglmo.html
"Virtual Vision" seems to make glasses for even a bit less, and are popular with dentists, but I couldn't track down a web site. Maybe they have a new name?
Olympus used to have a model (http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/Olympus...6-6780564.html), but it doesn't seem to be around anymore and may not have worked too well.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:01 PM   #2
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I love the idea, but practically I'm concerned with about getting headaches or developing eye strain problems. I'd have to let this technology float around for a while and let some other people guinea-pig these issues for me.

Also, I'm wondering about light leaking through and diluting the image, or if there's a brightness control for the display. I also like the integrated earbuds and I would almost let someone else drive my car so I could kick back and watch some "Teen Titans."

Almost.
POL9A
Advert
Old 03-15-2005, 05:58 AM   #3
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
iGlasses

I tried out the iGlasses a few years ago. While they worked as advertised, the experience left much to be desired.

A bigger screen doesn't mean a higher resolution screen and, for most movies, watching it on a large screen TV was much better.

But it was really nice for watching something like Battlestar Galactica in my apartment, where I could turn up the volume on the headphones high to get the full experience - without bothering my neighbors.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:49 PM   #4
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I tried something like this in a Sharper Image store many many years ago. Probably one of the first devices of its kind. It didn't really work so well at that time. Now I am curious if the promised "movie theater effect" has improved in any way.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:50 PM   #5
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
And an OLED model coming out soon according to an Engadget article... http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000270036305/
Advert