Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-17-2023, 06:05 AM   #1
arcchancellor
arcchancellor began at the beginning.

Device: none
Look what the cat dragged in

Hello dear mobileread-friends, I am happy to be with you from now on.

What would there be to say about me?
First things first: As a long-time fan of Terry Pratchett's Discworld I chose a nick about 20 years ago, which is very similar to a well-known Discworld character but not the same.

My main interest was until about a year ago more in the environment of films.
In the last 15 years I have adapted and improved German and English subtitles for a few thousand films for opensubtitles.org, and I have completely translated and created new subtitles for over a hundred films myself.

After having worked in this field for almost 15 years now, I got a little tired of it some time ago and - without giving it up completely - switched down a gear or two and looked around for a new field of activity. In the process, it came in handy that our family book collection comprised about 6000 books. Over the course of the last year, I've cut our holdings about in half by looking everywhere for digital replacements in the form of epubs, mobis, etc.
While looking for tutorials and tips on ebook creation and editing, I finally came across this board here and find it very interesting and helpful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hallo liebe mobileread-freunde, ich freue mich, von nun an bei euch sein zu können.

Was gäbe es zu mir zu sagen?
First things first: Als Jahrzehnte langer/alter Fan von Terry Pratchetts Scheibenwelt habe ich mir vor ca. 20 Jahren einen Nick gewählt, der einer bekannten Scheibenweltfigur sehr ähnlich aber nicht gleich ist.

Mein Hauptinteresse lag bis vor ca. einem Jahr mehr im Umfeld von Filmen.
Ich habe in den letzten 15 Jahren für opensubtitles.org bis heute an ein paar tausend Filme deutsche und englische Untertitel angepasst, verbessert und für über hundert Filme auch selbst aus dem Englischen komplett übersetzt und neu erstellt.

Nachdem ich dieses Feld nun fast 15 Jahre beackert habe, trat bei mir vor einiger Zeit eine gewisse Ermüdung diesbezüglich ein und ich habe - ohne es ganz aufzugeben - ein, zwei Gänge zurückgeschaltet und mich nach einem neuen Betätigungsfeld umgesehen. Dabei kam mir zupass, dass unsere familiäre Büchersammlung ca. 6000 Bücher umfasste. Im Verlauf des letzten Jahres habe ich unseren Bestand etwa halbiert, indem ich überall nach digitalem Ersatz in Form von epubs, mobis etc. gesucht habe.

Auf der Suche nach Tutorials und Tipps zur ebook-Erstellung und Bearbeitung bin ich schließlich auch auf dieses Board hier aufmerksam geworden und finde es sehr interessant und hilfreich.
arcchancellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 06:58 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Hello and welcome to MobileRead!
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote