Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-03-2017, 10:54 PM   #1
jojovee
Enthusiast
jojovee began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Smaller thumbnails on cover grid

How do I change the thumbnail size when viewing books in in cover grid? I find the covers are too large for my iphone 7 plus screen so will only fit two covers per width of the screen. I have quite a lot of books so viewing my books two at a time on screen is a bit silly.
jojovee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:35 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
thumbnail size is not configurable, it adjusts automatically to screen size. IIRC the mimum width/height is 150/200 px. At sizes smaller than that, title/authors become pretty hard to read for most covers.

You want more items per row, rotate your phone to landscape mode. Although that is not going to give you more covers per screen, which is what I suspect you want.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2017, 01:34 AM   #3
jojovee
Enthusiast

Thanks kovid for the reply. I would like to see more covers per row when not in landscape mode but no worries, will live with it as it is. Awesome piece of software btw, I love it!
Old 08-04-2017, 02:02 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I decided to reduce the minimum size a little https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...dc9db042cb91b7

According to chrome's device emulation that will allow three thumbnails per row on an iphone 6 plus and the title/author is still readable, at least to my eyes.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:28 PM   #5
jojovee
Enthusiast

How would I go about seeing the three per row covers on my phone? Still showing two book covers per row, not three. There's something I have to do obviously but still a newbie and don't know what I need to do.
Advert
Old 08-15-2017, 09:23 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojovee View Post
How would I go about seeing the three per row covers on my phone? Still showing two book covers per row, not three. There's something I have to do obviously but still a newbie and don't know what I need to do.
Looks like the change will be in the next release, it just missed 3.6. If you 'really can't wait' then you can download the current source and run calibre from it.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 01:05 AM   #7
jojovee
Enthusiast

Thank you for the clarification.
Old 08-25-2017, 02:13 AM   #8
jojovee
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I decided to reduce the minimum size a little https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...dc9db042cb91b7

According to chrome's device emulation that will allow three thumbnails per row on an iphone 6 plus and the title/author is still readable, at least to my eyes.
Thanks Kovid. Updated to 3.7 today and the covers now look very nice on my phone screen. A row of 3 covers instead of 2 that was very large.

Looks much, much nicer now. Thanks heaps!

Tags
calibre, content server, cover grid, thumbnail