Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-13-2017, 04:56 AM   #1
Idefix
Idefix began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino
How to save each news article to a separate file

Hi all,

for sientific purposes I need to split the downloaded news in a bunch of files. So for each article in the newspaper I would get something like this:
[title]_[language]_[date]_[time].txt
Which I could archive every day.
The txt should only contain the title and the text of the article.
I don't want any images or table of contens or anything.

For NY-Times from today for instance

NyTimesSub_en_20170112_2045.txt
NyTimesSub_en_20170113_2159.txt
NyTimesSub_en_20170113_1041.txt
NyTimesSub_en_20170113_1045.txt
NyTimesSub_en_20170113_1053.txt

What would be the most easy way to achieve this?

Thanks for any hint!

Last edited by Idefix; 01-13-2017 at 04:59 AM.
Idefix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 01:23 PM   #2
Idefix

No Idea? No hint?

It would be a great help if anybody with experience in how to export/convert ebooks would have an approach to this.

Should I for example rather learn how to write an output plugin for calibre, or use an existing output format and parse it later on in a certain way?
Advert
Old 01-13-2017, 01:38 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You did not say Separate Book
Editor: Split , breaks up a (page) file

EPUB Split Plugin to break into Books
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 04:02 PM   #4
Idefix

thanks for your reply.

But what do you mean with "You did not say separate books".

I downloaded news. Calibe converts it to a book, right? So I want to split news in articles.

Using a editor is not really a solution that can be automated, as doing this for thousands of articles is not a good idea. Can you explain a little further what the epub split plugin can do? And how I can apply it? Is it an option the ebook-convert command?
Old 01-13-2017, 04:25 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idefix View Post
Can you explain a little further what the epub split plugin can do? And how I can apply it? Is it an option the ebook-convert command?
The ePub Split plugin is documented in the Plugins sub-forum (as are all optional plugins), there's a plugin index at the top of the sub-forum.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-13-2017 at 05:19 PM. Reason: add quote
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2017, 10:57 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
EPUB is just a zip file unzip it and you will have all your articles in individual html files -- then do whatever you want with them.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote