Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-20-2017, 09:25 PM   #31
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
@Atunah: "the bold" is not available for books in old mobi format (which is what you'll get delivered after "send to kindle" step, unless you're sending dual mobi/combo mobi files). That is known and was tested already. I not certain if bold thing would be available when using azw3 files with cdetype PDOC.. but I wouldn't be surprised if that combination would also result in "no bold". Also "the bold" doesn't work for custom fonts / fonts embedded inside book / Publisher fonts.

You just can't have it all, so choose the best compromise. For me that is sending azw3 cdetype EBOK files via USB, since having sync is at the bottom of my priorities and needs.. I could maaaaybe dial-down on my OCD in regards to not having cover thumbnails (in exchange for having syncing of LPR, if I ever need it) but no way I'm reading book without page numbers (and no way I'm reading anything in old mobi format, because then not FONT_RAMP thing).
But I had already managed to send a few via send with kindle that did have the bold. I had to re-convert, this time using "both" mobi and they showed up. They just didn't have a cover anymore. I don't know anything about embedded anything, I just use calibre as it is. Book in, convert, send to kindle. Thats about my knowledge of it.

Anyway, I was able to do some of them, after I got the bold update on my kindles. But for some reason I can't even do that anymore today. Even forgetting about the cover, it just didn't work anymore. Maybe something particular about those specific books, I don't know. I don't have a lot of sideloaded stuff and I am going to just forget about doing so in the future. I want stuff to just work. And buying the books from Amazon will make that happen, without spending hours fiddling with stuff that has worked before and just for fun doesn't work the next day. Too much trouble.

At this point I would not have cared at all anymore about having the cover, but bold isn't working anymore either. So that's it for me with fiddling.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote