Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-27-2014, 09:41 AM   #1
paulineone
paulineone began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Ereader P650
Sony P650

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a truly portable charger for an e-reader? In other words a gadget that will hold a charge, ready for you to plug in to your device when it runs out of battery. I will be on a boat for just over a week shortly and we have already been told that there will be nowhere to plug in and recharge. I don't think my reader will last me that long!!!
paulineone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:27 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
There are tons of models of portable battery packs (just plug in your USB cable) which should work I'd think.

I bought this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H963GT0 before a trip and it worked fine and even after using it to partially charge both my phone & tablet it still had a charge after my ten day trip.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2014, 12:44 PM   #3
paulineone

Sony P650

AnemicOak - thanks for that. I see what you mean having now searched portable batt pack!!
Old 08-27-2014, 01:30 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You have to be careful. The 650 is picky when it comes to USB chargers. Some devices won't care, but Sony does. For example, Sony won't charge using an Apple iPhone/iPad charger.

Read the following thread to see what I am talking about.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99760
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:17 AM   #5
paulineone

Sony PRS 650

Thank you JS Wolf - I will bear this warning in mind.
Advert