Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #1
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Question Where to buy Sony PRS-T3?

When I go to the Sony Reader site (ebookstore.sony.com/reader) I select the Shop US option, but that redirects me to the Sony Store tablets, under which I am unable to find the Readers?

I know that Sony is not pushing the PRS-T3 too hard, but are they not selling them in the US right now? Even if I search the entire store for "reader", all I find are accessories and old discontinued models or the T2. If I select the Shop CA link, I go right to the T3s.

What's going on here? Thanks for any news or help.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Sorry to break the news but Sony is not selling the T3 in the US even on their website.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Sorry to break the news but Sony is not selling the T3 in the US even on their website.
Well, there you go!

Oh well.

Found an article about it on Gigaom.

Last edited by Anthem; 11-24-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #4
Coops
Zealot
Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Sony T3 backup
I'm getting a black t3 delivered to thailand from Spain - got it on ebay.

There's several that will ship internationally, and you could also try Amazon.co.uk or Sony Canada?

My prs-350 battery is losing charge a bit quick, so thought i'd get the latest Sony before/in case they stop producing them.

Marvin on an iPad mini is great, but the glare and backlight just doesn't compare to a good eink reader. And the extra 200gm weight to travel to work with is no problem, since i've ditched the laptop for an iPad...
Coops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops View Post
I'm getting a black t3 delivered to thailand from Spain - got it on ebay.

There's several that will ship internationally, and you could also try Amazon.co.uk or Sony Canada?

My prs-350 battery is losing charge a bit quick, so thought i'd get the latest Sony before/in case they stop producing them.

Marvin on an iPad mini is great, but the glare and backlight just doesn't compare to a good eink reader. And the extra 200gm weight to travel to work with is no problem, since i've ditched the laptop for an iPad...
Based on my experience you will love it.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2013, 09:23 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The only place I know of (when I looked when it first came out) that ships the T3 to the US (besides some eBay sellers) is ShopEreaders. You'll pay a $50 premium plus about $15-$20 in shipping, but they'll send you one.

http://www.shopereaders.com/Sony-PRS...ony-prs-t3.htm

I'd kinda wanted one, but not bad enough to pay the premium.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #7
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I know. Sad. I just can't justify the price. My T2 is still working great. The Kindle Paperwhite 2 will be the main e-ink reader that I use this year. I bought a Nook Glowlight too, but it's really lacking in software features compared to the Kindle.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:14 PM   #8
FacebookVirus
Hybrid reader
FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2; Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
When I go to the Sony Reader site (ebookstore.sony.com/reader) I select the Shop US option, but that redirects me to the Sony Store tablets, under which I am unable to find the Readers?

I know that Sony is not pushing the PRS-T3 too hard, but are they not selling them in the US right now? Even if I search the entire store for "reader", all I find are accessories and old discontinued models or the T2. If I select the Shop CA link, I go right to the T3s.

What's going on here? Thanks for any news or help.
It's too bad, but you can find the right solution for you. Learning the news about Sony's readers was even stressful to me until I decided to evolve.

Research your options and keep reading.
FacebookVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #9
Anthem
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacebookVirus View Post
Research your options and keep reading.
Well, I already have the Paperwhite 2013, Kindle, and a Nexus 7 that I read on. Thought I might purchase a new Sony since the last one I had was the 350 a few years ago just to see how they have evolved. Hate the Reader store.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #10
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Do the ones that come from Spain have English language options and dictionaries?
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #11
Coops
Zealot
Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Sony T3 backup
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
Do the ones that come from Spain have English language options and dictionaries?

No idea, yet. At least Spanish will be a lot easier to decipher than Japanese, although it seems beyond comprehension that Sony would design it to be one region specific to eqch firmware etc.

It is Sony, though... they are capable of staggering stupidity.
Coops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:35 AM   #12
yts06mgr
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
Yes, all PRS-T3s sold in Europe and Australia come with English language option and 15 dictionaries including 2 English (US/UK), German, French, Spanish and 10 translation dictionaries.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #13
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Futureshop in Canada is selling them for $129.95 It's in red or black.
Sony Ereader T3
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #14
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvduchovny View Post
Futureshop in Canada is selling them for $129.95 It's in red or black.
Sony Ereader T3
Yes, but they only ship within Canada.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:58 AM   #15
tvuongpham
Banned
tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle Paperwhite 2nd gen, Kindle KB (dead) PRS-T1, PRS 350
ebay.ca

is an option no?
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sony-PRSA-CL3...uhb=1#shpCntId

buy it now 96.00 USD free ship

* note I do not profit nor gain from this ebay listing. no affiliation.

Last edited by tvuongpham; 11-27-2013 at 02:01 AM.
tvuongpham is offline   Reply With Quote